Return to the Herbalism Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Herbs for endometriosis

Posted by Mentha 9 CA (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 15, 05 at 11:42

Hi All,
it's been a while since I've been on the herbalism forum. I have a question for all the herbal gurus. What herb(s) are used for endometriosis? I have had this problem for a long time, I remember taking something that helped, but have been out for years. It has gotten so bad that most pain meds don't dull the pain, except of course the ones strong enough to make one loopy. So I need to find a happy medium where I can function as a wife and mother should, without causing depression, or ditzy beavior. Is that asking for too much?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Herbs for endometriosis

Combine 2 parts of Chaste-berries with 1 part of two of the following:

For liver support: Milk Thistle, Dandelion root, Vervain or Blue Flag.

For reducing pelvic congestion: Squaw vine, Motherwort, or Red Raspberry.

Combine 1 teaspoon Chaste-berries, 1 teaspoon Echinacea root, 1 teaspoon Wild Yam ,1 teaspoon Cramp Bark, 1/2 teaspoon Horsetail stalks, 1/2 teaspoon Red Raspberry leaves and 1/2 teaspoon Motherwort leaves with 1 litre water. Bring the mixture to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer gently for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, cover and steep for 15 minutes. Strain out the herbs. Drink 2 cups daily.

Include Alfalfa, Peanuts, Flaxseed and Soy beans in the diet.

Use Kelp to add iron to the diet. The heavy monthly bleeding that is common in women with endometriosis often leads to iron deficiency.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbalism Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here