Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rebeccaguimaraes

geographic tongue

rebeccaguimaraes
18 years ago

For everbody who suffers from geographic tongue, i am very happy to say i have a solution, i had it for 2 years and no doctors helped, they dont know any thing about it, and i think it is pathetic, because through research, i have found a solution in a book. If you have geographic tongue you are suffering from a deficency in vitamin B, so you need to try nettle tea, i also have been drinking fennel tea, it is amazing, it cleared up in 2 weeks. NOw in the morings i drink, hot water and lemon, and nettle tea afterwards(note let it cool, so it is warm when you drink this) I know how frustrating GT is, so i hope this helps many people with this annoying problem, im sure it will, i thought nothing would cure it, but now my tongue is pretty much back to the way a healthy tongue should be.

Becky

Comments (76)

• RPK1981
    12 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I have had GT since 2006. I was literally traumatized when I started getting the lesions on my tongue! The first person to diagnose me was at an Urgent Care and he jumped the gun and said, "I have no idea! I think it's herpes!" and that led me straight to panic mode. After seeing 5 other doctors and having them look and inspect it they all confirmed it just being GT and that I would have to find ways to maintain it and keep it under control.

I have noticed that it hasn't been as bad in the last year and I am not really sure why except that the only thing I have changed have literally been my intake of multivitamins. I take Host Defense MY COMMUNITY mushroom supplements which are miraculous for colds and flus and I also take Thymex and Catalyn by Standard Process as well as Silica. I have noticed an improvement in the number of "outbreaks" that I have.

The biggest irritants for my tongue issue seem to be trauma-induced. I have severe bruxism and a really bad "open bite" that requirs surgery. Only two teeth on both sides of my mouth meet up so when I chew things I have to kind of get violent to get it all eaten. Well, I notice that if I bite weird and hit my tongue...flare up the next day!

It's the same with canker sores for me. If I bite my lip I get canker sores. I think they are trauma induced. I can also say that knocking out ANY mouth wash including ALCOHOL is a MUST!!! Listerine is a BIG no-no for me. If I use it...INSTANT geo-tongue!

I have geographic tongue right now and I am pretty certain it is from gargling a cayenne/apple cider vinegar combo that was too hot for my tongue. Spicy foods irritate it and get it going.

I really want to slap the people on this board linking GT to herpes because that is untrue and it SCARES people!!! Stop!!

For me, it's always related to the foods I eat (no spices and no alcohol) and any kind of harsh activity that might effect my tongue. Literally...tongue injury! It's not fun. But, it goes away and you survive.

• Pepp11
    12 years ago

I have had GT for 4 years now with no answer as to why. I recently went to a naturopath and took and blood test for iGg and iGe response (allergy/inflammatory response) and found out I have multiple foods I can't tolerate. My naturopath said I have "leaky gut syndrome". Our tongue is one of the parts of our body that will "tell all". I had allergies I was completely unaware of (ie. chicken, turkey, etc.). Citrus fruit/citric acid is not part of my foods to avoid, but they definitely add to flare ups. Also, with the leaky gut I was losing all of my vits/minerals, which I have to replace daily as well, staying away from the culprits as well as repairing my intestines with aloe vera juice, L-glutamine, etc. has brought me to the road to recovery. I also believe that yeast goes right along with the GI issues/GT. Also, mad brushing of teeth and flossing keeps er fairly tame. As well, watch hot food/drinks!
    Has anyone ever heard of "OIL PULLING?" It is supposed to be wonderful for pulling out toxins in our blood. I just started practicing it. We'll see...

Here is a link that might be useful: Oil pulling

• OOCammie
    12 years ago

I started getting a geographical tongue a few months ago and it is in sync with my periods. The first time I had GT it lasted for nearly 2 weeks before I started seeing any signs of relief. My daughter is in med school and when I showed it to her she said it looked like a fungus. So,I put some tea tree oil on my finger and rubbed it into my tongue at night and in the morning the grossness started to slub off. Granted, my tongue was still a little sore for a day or so after, it definitely did not look so gross. I've been doing this every since, 1-2 days and its gone.

BUT!: According to the American Cancer Society: "Tea tree oil is toxic when swallowed. It has been reported to cause drowsiness, confusion, hallucinations, coma, unsteadiness, weakness, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach upset, blood cell abnormalities, and severe rashes. It should be kept away from pets and children."

AND so is hydrogen peroxide, even more so if swallowed in quantity and they put it in mouth rinses all the time with a warning not to swallow it.

You could try it ......couldn't hurt. (I am an RN, by the way) Just don't drink it.

• Mjg1
    12 years ago

Geographic tongue is cause by the bacteria, H-Pylori. Get tested and following the treatment regimen...and GT will go away probably by the third day of treatment.

• gamborino
    12 years ago

it's so interesting reading people's messages on here. i've had geographic tongue since i was born (32 years old now). it runs in my Dad's family, and other than being embarrassed in 6th grade and the occasional (okay, not that occasional) pain, i never thought to even complain about it. interesting that people are looking for ways to "cure" it, as i always assumed it was something i had to live with.

anyhow, i don't see my family's remedy listed here, so i thought i would share: GENTIAN VIOLET. you can find it in traditional drugstores, or online. this isn't something that makes the condition go away, but it ABSOLUTELY cures the pain immediately, like a topical anesthetic. just paint your tongue with it, and rinse your mouth with water. since i was little, my Dad would put it on my tongue when it started hurting and i've always had it in the medicine chest, even taking it to sleep away camp when i was a teenager. it'll turn your tongue purpler than purple, but it works 100% every time.

good luck, everyone!

• shanshan55
    11 years ago

I read everything I can find on GT and have tried almost everything to very little avail. I came across Uncle Harry's Miracle Mouthwash in my basement bathroom one day weirdly enough. My daughter and a friend had been in the USA and bought it and left it at my place. I tried it out of desperation; just took a full strength shot and was very surprised at the salty,strong taste but boy did it help. I use it diluted now, just a few drops in about 10 ml water and it has been amazingly helpful!! It does contain oregano oil along with other essential oils and silver and lots of other interesting natural ingredients. I looked it up online and it is super cheap! The bottle I have is worth five dollars! Worth a try if you are as desperate as I've been after a year of pain and frustration and not thrilled with taking all these prescription meds with steroids,antibiotics,antithrush etc that don't fix the problem.

• keytone
    11 years ago

I think I have recently incurred this problem. I'm now 56.
    I had two colds recently in Novand then in Dec. I had developed PND (post nasal drip) and had some pretty severe coughing.
    so, I went to my Dr. and he prescribed an inhaler (Pulmicort). I took it for 7 days. About a week later, I realized my tongue felt strange. I looked at it and the top flat section was denuded. So, back to the Dr. and he says it's Thrush - so he prescribes Nystatin mouth rinse. I take that and no improvement. I have read the above comments and will be trying the probiotic Acidophilus and the raw bee honey. Next will be the Vit B. I am healthy and don't have any health issues. Well, any help with this is appreciated.

• Dee.123
    10 years ago

I have always had a fissured tongue for as long as I can remember. In my 40's I developed gt. It was unsightly and I would tell people I burned my tongue while drinking something hot if asked. I noticed the gt would flare up and become painful when I was stressed. I was also dealing with cold sores so I did some research on supplements for cold sores. I found and starting taking L-Lysine. I have been taking L-Lysine for over 15 years and have never had an issue with gt again. I hope this will help others suffering from gt. I take one 1000 mg per day. I stay away from the 'Nature Made' brand of L-Lysine supplement, it is not very effective in treating the gt for me. I sometimes forget and buy the Nature Made brand and my gt comes back with avengeance. Pretty good proof that L-Lysine really works.

• Natures_Nature
    10 years ago

Geographic tongue.. Very interesting.. Back in the day, when people went on water fast to heal, they used to check their tongue, when the mucous on the tongue went away, that was a sign to stop the fast.. I still do it to this day.. I have a feeling if you switch your diet to more raw fruits/vegetables, the mucous tongue is sure to go away..

Note: Stay away from any dairy products. We are not cows, we are humans. We should be off milk by the age of one or two. Dairy products are the most mucous forming foods on the planet. If you want your tongue to get better, throw out all dairy products, and try and eat fruits and vegetables(ideally raw) for a couple weeks. I bet you will get better in a matter of a couple monthes.. Remember, it takes time..

• HerbDoctor
    10 years ago

Natures_Nature:

Just a word of caution about your suggestion: If someone has cold/deficiency then raw fruits and veggies may be more detrimental to them than a benefit. They'll know it because they'll start to feel worse on raw fruits and veggies.

A little more technical details about the tongue. If the coating is pale, white or yellow, it determines much when determining the foods that will help or harm an individual.

HerbDoctor

• kaliaman
    10 years ago

nature's nature....you don't actually want the tongue coat/mucus to completely disappear. here's why.

the stomach has a mucusy lining that protects it against caustic digestive acids and low pH. this mucusy coating extends upward and also lines and protects the esophagus, throat and tongue. this is quite normal. when a healthcare practitioner asks to look at your tongue one of the things they are looking for is a light white coating on the tongue which is considered normal and a sign the stomach is happy.

a missing, thick, stinky or discolored coat is a sign that all is not well in the body..and to a trained tongue reader yields specific diagnostic clues.

• weas1980
    10 years ago

Have any of you been tested for coeliac disease? From all the reading I have done there is a correlation between coeliac disease and geographic tongue. 70% of coeliacs suffer from GT. Not sure about the stats for how many with GT are coeliacs. Also very interesting research on auto immune disease and gut flora imbalance. Might be worth investigating.

• JadeM
    10 years ago

I felt the need to join in this conversation. My GT popped up around 2007. At that point, I had been vegetarian for about 2 years. It just came out of nowhere, I thought I had burned my tongue on some chinese food and it just never went away. Looking into it, I discovered GT and my dermatologist even confirmed that is what it was. I was told the typical "its benign, nothing to worry about" but it is so annoying to 'just live with'. About 5 years ago I went from vegetarian to vegan, and I have eaten an 80% raw diet at times. Still, no change with the GT has occurred. Of course it always hurts worse after I eat many of the foods I enjoy (I don't even like spicy foods!) but I just deal with it. Recently, for weight loss reasons, I have adapted a strict no-carbs no-sugars diet. In the back of my mind, I wondered if cutting out carbs and sugar would help my GT. A month and a half into this strict diet, and the GT is still the same.

I feel like a lot of the "cures" I see out there are cutting dairy out of the diet (nope), cutting out processed grains and sugars (nope) and eating more veggies (nope).

It seems like everyone's causes are different, which is why some "cures" work for people and others don't. Still, it is infuriating for someone who can't figure out what triggered it in the first place and all the healthy eating and a low-stress life hasn't changed it a bit!

• jnpres01
    9 years ago

Has anyone noticed a corrilation between sinuses/post nasal drip and GT?

Ive always had a weird looking tongue and it wasnt until last year that I was told it was GT, however it never brought me any pain or discomfort unless I ate a certain food (fresh pineapple, walnuts, ect.). Last Tuesday however, I ate some fruit cup type pineapple and my tongue stung a little but it was nothing major. Later on in the day I noticed a low-grade burning in my mouth as well as my ears and throat bugging me. That burning has now been around for 10 days.

I went to a Urgent Care clinic thinking I was sick and she just said I had very bad sinus drainage and told me to take b12 for my tongue and flo-nase for my sinuses and sent me on my way.

I started taking sublingual b-12 (3000 mcg), Zytrec, Flo-Nase and a multi-vitmain, I also bought Colgate Peroxyl Mouth Wash. So far, no luck. I noticed the last 2 days weren't as bad and I was hopeful it was starting to get better, however today it hasnt been great. Ive been avoiding all fruit, soda, ect.

Is it normal to just flair up like this? I have a dentist appointment tomorrow and I'm hoping she can shed some light on a resolution.

I feel like I'm going crazy.

• lissyloula74
    8 years ago

I'm am now 40 suffered with get since I was about 10. I don't care what anyone says, I find it embarrassing.

I have been researching this again

So frustrating.

I get sore from walnuts, tasty cheese, pineapple, kiwi fruit, Vegemite, tomatoes Plus more.

I have read the may be a link with TMD

Which is interesting as my chiropractor told me today that I have been clenching and that is all very tight in there. and that I need to message my TMJ daily For ten seconds each side.

I had sent her a link to this post I read

http://www.experienceproject.com/stories/Have-Geographic-Tongue/3086789

Anyway I'm going to try the following

Swish coconut oil around in My mouth

The TMJ massage

Gentians violet

Apple cider vinegar

Vitamin b

Hydrogen peroxide

Probiotic acidophilus

Raw been honey

Wish me luck. It's all or nothing I'm bloody sick of having it, it's painful and ugly. I would love to be able to poke my tongue out with out embarrassment.

• kollabrown
    8 years ago

I realized that after oil pulling with coconut oil for a week that my to tongue had cleared up. While that was not the reason that I started, it's the reason that I have continued.

• ewc1979
    8 years ago

Has anyone experienced geographic tongue on other parts of your mouth? I have been dealing with geographic tongue for over 15 years but all of a sudden a year ago I noticed the same spots on the inside of my lower lip and on the back of my throat. The lip gets super sensitive at times and especially the day after eating citrus. The marks grow and disappear over the day and greatly vary. I showed it to the doctor but she didn't have a clue. When I research geographic tongue often there is a sentence that says it can happen on other parts of the mouth but there isn't much information. When I do a google search by images I do see a handful of pictures that look like mine.

I have tried coconut oil swishing, B12 vitamins and other things without luck. I bought a bottle of tea tree oil mouthwash I am trying tonight. At least the tongue part of geographic tongue is hereditary for me as I have 4 family members through my dads side that have it. Ugh.

• PRO
    Jason
    8 years ago

Had it for 6 months now. Xylitol, adrenal supplements and probiotics seem to help

• qetrghn .
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

I recently got this GT or atleast thats what my doctor said, so my question is are the spots supposed to move around the tongue because its been more than a month and my 3 spots havent moved at all ?

• Fabio Alexandrino
    7 years ago

Ok people, i have testing geographic tongue my entire life. And here is what i discovered:

1)Foods high in histamine triggers it, like bananas, cocoa(chocolate), pineapple and so on. If you just eat rice beans and fish for 1 week the geographic tongue will be cured, now your tongue will only be white.

2) Now that you have just the white coated tongue, you have to physically exfoliate it, because the white are dead cells that needs to be removed..
    So you pick some salt, or baking soda, activated charcoal, you name it.., and brush your tongue really hard. Dead cells will be removed, and your tongue will be pink. Now you have to prevent new dead cells to accumulate in your tongue.

3)I did not discovered how to stop dead cells to coat my tongue, if someone knows, please send me an email fabio_orlandi@hotmail.com

• willthare
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

I have had Geographic tongue for about 4 years, It started soon after i had a tonsillectomy.

Recently in the past month or so i have been doing extensive and testing ways to not cure but aid the condition and it has worked so well.

Before i tried this method i would have a really sore tongue for days or weeks and when it healed i would maybe have 1 day of no paint and then its back to say Hello :(.

But now when i get the patches i have a discomfort for no more than a day and it goes for a few or more days.

So my method was to use a completely natural toothpaste three times daily that has aloe Vera in i use this. (TOOTHPASTE)

And to also increase the healing speed i take a vitamin d complex not by tablet form i use liquid for and there are extensive scientific research proving you absorb more of the vitamins than compared to tablet form. I use this supplement (Super B Liquid Complex)

Give it a try i honestly believe it will work for a lot of you it wont cure it but its a Geographic tongue treatment believe me it such a relief.

Let me no how it works for whom tries this.

regards will

• mike_photo2
    7 years ago

Just looked at AloeDent...contains xylitol and tea tree oil...dont these ingredients bother your tongue?

• Kimberley J
    7 years ago

I have had GT for almost a year. I've noticed that bananas, spicy foods, and (currently testing) chocolate as the triggers to cause a flare up.

I randomly came across cucumbers one day and realized that this food totally soothes my GT, erases the white borders and minimizes redness! Also, Halls cough drops (the mint kind) has the same effect. Give it a try!

• mike_photo2
    6 years ago

Just checking in to see if anyone has new insight into curing GT. I found out that i have parasites and possibly candida which are responsible for all my digestive issues. I am in the midst of an intense regimen to eradicate these bugs and restore balance to my gut. I am hoping over time this will help my tongue but as of now its in an inflamed state 90% of the time and is only calm when i stick to my 6 safe foods. i manage the flares with low level light (aka photobiomodulation) and taking supplements to stabilize my mast cells since the flares are linked to histamine release. If anyone has new suggestions please post. thanks

• Latoya Cunningham
    6 years ago

Hi Mike. In my experience, GT comes about due to stress on the body and the cure for me was SIMPLE and cured me literally overnight!

1.) Get at least 8 hours of sleep (The MOST important).

2.) Do not eat a lot of processed simple carb/sugary foods. Instead, eat mostly fresh fruits and vegetables, nuts. (Nuts, carrots, and apples actually exfoliate the tongue and clean it nicely.)

3.) Go to the gym 2-3 times per week.

4.) Drink enough water to keep you hydrated.

When I do these things, I have no GT! It is amazing how some people's bodies tell them when they are stressed. I am a very gentle, easy going person who is not emotionally stressed by much, so I do not recognize when I am stressed. My tongue tells me when I am stressed, due to neglecting my sleep and eating! Again, the above 4 things cured it for me!

• mike_photo2
    6 years ago

Thanks Latoya. unfortunately I wish it were that simple. I do all of this and it has no impact on my tongue. my issue is linked to gut problems, histamine and possibly autoimmunity. right now im addressing mercury and candida

• Latoya Cunningham
    6 years ago

Aww. I was hoping that would solve the problem for you. Are you getting sufficient sleep every night of the week? Most people actually don't.

• rdgrant76
    6 years ago

I hope someone can help me. I've been reading this board since I first developed geographic tongue 6 days ago. I had no idea what was going on, so I went to the doctor right away. He said that I had geographic tongue. Now, 6 days later, the big splotchy marks are gone, but my tongue is still very red and painful. I've been taking B12 supplements, antihistamines, and sucking zinc lozenges. I've also cut my diet drastically, and am avoiding spicy/hot food, acidic foods, hot drinks and alcohol. Today, I noticed a bright red bump under my tongue, about where it attaches to the bottom of my mouth. It's not painful, but it doesn't feel great when it's touched. It almost looks like a pomegranate seed, with the bright red colour. I know this spot wasn't there about 3 days ago. Could this be related to the geographic tongue, or is it something different? Quite scared.

• James P
    5 years ago

Monolaurin. I was told to try it by my doctor. When I take a scoop of monolaurin after a meal I don't get geographic tongue. It is the only thing I know of that has helped me.

• HU-729384040
    5 years ago

My husband had geographical tongue, it took some time and research, and so he hasn’t had a flare up since 2016 praise God!

This is what I found, tooth paste has

Sodium laureth sulfate-SLS is a chemical compound used as a surfactant, detergent, and denaturant in various cosmetics and industrial cleaners. It’s also used as a foaming agent in toothpaste.

Now we use toothpaste without SLS, Jason mint toothpaste and some Tom’s toothpaste, are good!

I hope this helps someone!

• HU-713580816
    5 years ago

Does anyone know if there is a link to Mast Cell Activation Syndrome? I have a geographic tongue along with eczema and digestive issues and I have been on a low histamine diet for a couple weeks. It seems to be helping.

• welba1
    5 years ago

I am 54 years old and have had gt for about 6 years now. My was constant, if it cleared up on one spot, it showed up somewhere else. Mine has been completely gone now for about a month.

If you are using an inhaler with steroids, throw away. Have your doctor prescribe something else. This didn’t completely get rid of mine, but that is when mine started. I started brushing my teeth with a baking soda and water mixture.

GT is gone!!! Good luck!

• HU-488930631
    4 years ago

I had GT for 3 years. Had one big raw patch on tongue every day. No help from doctor. My teeth had been getting really yellowish about 3 months ago so got a professional tooth whitening kit with custom made gum shields from my dentist. Teeth were MUCH whiter in about 4 days. But the best part was my GT vanished and has not reappeared as yet 3 months later. I reckon in was bacteria from dirty stained teeth causing it. So if you have GT and yellow teeth go to your dentist for a whitening kit. Nothing else could have fixed this. 4 days and it was gone. Carried on using kit for a fortnite anyway just to make teeth white and clean as possible. Cost me £250 for kit but worth it.

• Kimberley J
    4 years ago

Hi guys, about to be 3 years for me. My biggest trigger is stress and anxiety. I went to my doctor and she had a special website where I can get something called Relax Max. It’s a powder mixture of different vitamins that dissolves in water (tastes really good too) it has helped a lot. I still get breakouts, it’s not totally cured but ask your doctor about it. also, warm salt water rinses right before bed help with the symptoms overnight..burns initially but it helps over time. I pray you all find a solution. I’ll continue trying different things and posting success.

• kc86
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Manuka oil has worked really well for me to remedy a bad flare up. My tongue had been constantly flared up for nearly 2 years. I'd heard about Manuka honey being good for you, so I gave the oil a try. Just swished a few drops in my mouth before bed for about a week, and the whole thing had calmed down and returned to normal - the results were noticeable within the first two days.

It's been a year since then, and my tongue is feeling and looking pretty good. I still get the occasional small spot or two if I'm stressed, have eaten poorly, or skipped brushing for a few days. The flare ups have definitely tapered off over the course of the year. Lifestyle changes may have contributed, but the Manuka oil got the process going for me and has been handy for treating flare-ups when they do show up.

If you try this, I wouldn't recommend swallowing the oil. What I did was just swish the oil around for a few seconds to a few minutes and then spit the oil out. I have an autoimmune condition, and didn't notice the Manuka oil having any negative effect

• HU-66193004
    4 years ago

i have notice wen i eat and drink some like spacied food ,citrus fruits ,acidic fruits ,ginger ,galic

my tongue develop map like structure and no pain

mucus in my throat and nose but no much i was not like this since 7 months now

• User
    4 years ago

First got GT when 8 mos pregnant w my first child and have had it continuously ever since - 23 years now. Nothing has ever helped and I’ve tried it ALL as GT HURTS and interferes with enjoyment of lots of foods I like. No one else in my family has it. Lately I am going through menopause and couple weeks ago put on anti inflammatory Meloxicam 15mg/day for spinal stenosis/disc/arthritis pain and by George my tongue is better! So is it the hormonal changes or the anti inflammatory drug, who knows? I still have small mouth ulcers & blood blisters inside my cheeks that don’t hurt. Will see if improvements continue.

• HU-94323823
    4 years ago

I have had GT for 6 months and some relief at last. Last night I made a paste of bicarb soda and water and painted my tongue with this. Did not need to ice my tongue at 2 or 3am, slept through the night, first time in ages. In the morning I held a mouthfull of Colloidal Silver in my mouth for 15 minutes.

Have tried lots of things before, was ok for a little while then back to misery. Hope this time its

• mike_photo2
    4 years ago

NO DO NOT TAKE COLLOIDAL SILVER!!!! thats what actually caused my GT - it will decimate all of your flora.

• HU-94323823
    4 years ago

Thanks for the tip. NO CS.

The bicarb, although drying, has given me TWO NIGHTS uninterrupted sleep in 6 months,,

Forward 2 days - too drying, good for a mouthwash.

Now tryng Echinacea. Feels good so far.

Forward again. Recently I had mini stroke.

I was prescribed a mouthwash for my GT. I researched mouthwashes.....they kill the good bacteria in the mouth and therefore interrupt Nitric Oxide production. This NO is made throuhout the body as well. NO is essential for the lining of the arteries to nurture the endothelium keeping them open so blood flow is uninterrupted. The lack of NO leads to narrowing of arteries , high blood pressure and stroke. I used Litres of Cepacane mouthwash using it several times a day. $200 worth.

Changed my dr, thank God, she was not very well informed .

• HU-94323823
    4 years ago

Having some success. The ENT specialist said my GT was from herbecides and pesticides on my food. So two weeks ago, having scrubbed and washed my veges for 7 months, so I've gone on a Carnivore way of eating. That is meat-...... (grass fed) beef....... chicken and eggs (pastuered)....... fish, (wild caught). Bone broth every day.. (home made). Cheese and some dairy.

Relief at last.

Still got a way to go but at least can get a good nights sleep now. No icing the tongue

At 2- 3 in the morning.

An interesting footnote: in my research on chemical sprays, found out Kale is one of the most sprayed veges with 5 to 18 different sprays permeating the leaves so cannot be washed off.

• HU-510105460
    4 years ago

Fixed it!!!! I had a good case out of nowhere, geographic tongue for 5 years, starting at age 53. I am 60-1/2 now I fixed mine, and it was by accident. I had a cold, and drank Delsym cough syrup. I have always taken cough syrup, no biggie, no issues, but likely pre-geographic tongue.

This time, it burned my mouth badly. The geographic spots themselves, most of the top of my tongue, the roof of my mouth, and several spots in my throat. Just one or two sips of the syrup did this as I felt some pain within a day, and I took probably 4 more over a couple of days before I associated the cough syrup with this and stopped taking it. I hated this cough syrup, and thought something was wrong with it. It felt like very severe pizza burns. The pain increased, peaked, and took 2-3 weeks for the pain to subside, but eventually it did.

What's crazy is that the geographic spots were gone. A year later they started to come back, and I did the same with Delsym because I still had it in my desk at work, and had the same result. It was during a cold, so I wasn't doing it just for GT, but for the cold mainly, but curious if it would help the GT. As the cough syrup before had such a painful result, I wasn't pumped up about doing this. The associated upper pallette and throat pain were there, but less, on this second time.

Since then, I have done this with other cough syrup brands, so there is nothing about that brand, but I haven't compared and isolated the ingredient to know exactly what is doing this. I had a cold last week, and have Equate Cough DM on my desk, and took some sips a few days ago. Some pain on my tongue, and the roof of my mouth, minor, but I wasn't showing any geographic tongue spots. Likely this is nipping it in the bud before it really starts up is my guess.

What's kind of key to me, and what everyone in the medical establishment appears to be missing, is that it apparently isn't isolated to the exact geographic spots. When I took the cough syrup "that served as medicine to treat" the GT, it created distinct patches or areas of pain on the roof of my mouth, in my throat and my tongue in general that weren't showing GT. Cough syrup in prior years never caused this pain. Only after the GT, and the pain was on the GT spots, and other spots I mentioned. So they HAVE to be associated, even though they weren't showing spots.

That tells me whatever mechanism is present on the spots, is also present elsewhere in the mouth and throat, but not showing as spots. This might not work for anyone else, but I'm darned curious to know if it might. Please let me know if anyone has tried this. This is one heck of a nuisance disorder to have, and the medical communities inability to tell us anything about it is hard to believe in this day and age. I lucked out. Since other people have done other things with positive results, and nothing seems to be universal, probably the same here. But there has to be a link.

• HU-94323823
    4 years ago

Im doing the cough syrup trick. Lots of pain, but it seems to be working, even on my lip!!

Will keep it up and see if its the answer for me. Tha I A.

• HU-510105460
    4 years ago

I had lots of pain, like cheese pizza burn from the cough syrup. And after everything healed, 3 weeks or so later, I notice it had cleared up. I took cough syrup over the decades before GT and never had any pain, it was just cough syrup. So the fact you are getting painful burns from the cough syrup makes me think it is working! I look forward to a future post to see if this is true. Good luck!

• HU-94323823
    4 years ago

I'm having lots of pain but swelling as well, so much so I can't talk so I'm calling a halt , I'm back to ACV mouth washes and rubbing my tongue with Vaseline, not very tasty, but seems to help. Oil of cloves on the white spots. That's all I've got for now. So pleased you found your cure.

• PRO
    Serwus
    3 years ago

Because nothing helps like natural herbs and infusions! How much did I get tired of overcoming it / reducing my symptoms? I was with so many doctors and he did not help me 100%, only when I started looking for natural methods of treatment myself, I found that you do not need to stuff yourself with pills and you can drink herbs

• Petra Heuveling
    last year

People, it's caused by the streptococcus bacteria!!!!! I suffered for 5 years and after following Medical Mediums advice it completely cleared up and healed.... omg such joy!! And quick too! So please listen to his podcast on Streptococcus and stop eating eggs, gluten and dairy plus kill the bacteria with celery juice and the heavy metals detox smoothie every day. It's a miracle.. what a gift to mankind!!! Much strenght and love, Petra

• mike_photo2
    last year

RE: Petra --- oh please - the guy gets his info from ghosts . LOL. there are many causes for GT

• jeanwedding. zone 6
    11 months ago

Petra is correct.. give all animal products up and you will operate eventually at 100 percent . instead of say 25 %... I wish I could have realized this many many years ago........ instead of just 2 years agowe need only around 7 mg of new choletrol a day... Admit it people we have been lied to for centuries.. Stay . in the Garden where man was created Blessings to all

• mike_photo2
    11 months ago

RE: jeanwessing --- worst advice. organic grassfed pasteured meats are the best source of bioavailable nutrients. plants contain toxins, pesticide residues (even organic) and contain pre-nutrients that have to be converted by the body and many are unable to due to genetic defects. my GT flares when i eat most vegetables.

Sponsored
More Discussions