Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anneh38

itchy dog

anneh38
17 years ago

I adopted a neut 10mo lab/shep/x last month. He is such a sweetheart but he bites/nibbles/licks his rump/tail/hind legs/inner thighs. No sign of soreness/rash/ loss of fur. I had a vet confirm no fleas/worms/mites/anal gland probs. His prior owner said he always does it and that he had put Frontline on him a couple months ago in case it was fleas. He was on a kibble that included lamb/chicken/grains so I am giving steamed fish/pumpkin in morning and raw turkey/zuccini in evening. VitB/C/E/salmon oil/borage oil/small dose cod liver oil/zinc. I am abit depressed to be honest because my prior dog that recently died had a terrible illness and had hoped for no problems esp when I read online allergic dogs having to have steroids etc. But I already love him so I am trying to look on the bright side that perhaps I can help him plus he doesn't do it all the time and sleeps thru night altho really goes at it when he wakes up. I also am making herbal teas and swabbing the itchy areas at night after thorough brushing. Giving licorice glycerite last thing at night also. Thanks for any help

anneh

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor
More Discussions