Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oakleif

Basil

oakleif
15 years ago

Rub fresh leaves of Basil on insect bites to soothe itching.

Wash- combine the juice with an equal amount of honey and use for ringworm and itching skin.

Juice- Mix with a decoction of cinnamon and cloves for chills.

Comments (6)

• brendan_of_bonsai
    15 years ago

Does treating the chills make you feel like you are warmer or raise your body temperature, or lower your body temperature? I used to get the chills fairly often, I've grown out of it but talking to my father and brothers it might be something genetic (all four of us got the chills fairly regularly as children) so I might one day have a child or niece or nephew who will have to deal with the chills.

• oakleif
    Original Author
    15 years ago

ask eric.

• brendan_of_bonsai
    15 years ago

Eric doesn't have any conduit for understanding which one of the half dozen or so possibilities you could mean, you presumably know what you mean when you type.

• oakleif
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Dear uneducated bren The dictionary says (You do know what a dictionary is? Can you use one) Chill- A moderate but penetrating coldness. Whats so complicated about that. Of course you're the one complaining about being chilly. Did you mean something else thats not in the dictionary? I know it gets cold in Alaska but people do wear clothes ya know. And there are hot water bottles,heating pads and electric blankets. You could even put a wrapped hot potato at your feet as the pioneers did. They even had bed heating pans that was warmed up at the fireplace and swept over a bed before onegot into it. I have a pair hung on my wall for decoration.They were very ornate. Have you ever heard of one before?
    Do illegal drugs make one chilly? Eating icecream might make one temporarily chilly. You might even drink a basil tea for warmth might even put a tiny bit of hot pepper in it.

• brendan_of_bonsai
    15 years ago

The last time I got the "chills" was in Alabama, it was 96 out at the time, and I broke out in a cold sweat and shivered uncontrollably while feeling very cold. Are you saying that this mixture generates a large amount of heat, enough to warm up a cold person? I already listed a number of possibilities of what it could be doing, I can come up with more things that could be wrapped up in the little phrase "Mix with X,Y, and Z for Chills" That Is why I asked you to be specific. If an idea is not fully formed reason cannot be applied to it. I am simply asking you to be more specific in what you are claiming, you are the only one who can speak for you, so if you produce an idea that it not complete no one but you should finish it lest they rick speaking for you incorrectly.

• kaliaman
    11 years ago

Basil is cooling so used alone reduces body temperature. For normalizing body temperature is often mixed with warm herbs (cloves or cinnamon as mentioned above) to create a thermally neutral formulation.

It clears fever, eases headache, is a glandular regulator, exhibits some mild psychoactive properties, tastes good : )

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm
More Discussions