Return to the Herbalism Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
prostate herbs

Posted by kevin_nsw NSW Aust (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 6, 04 at 4:35

My father just recently had an operation for prostate problems,and this is his second one.
I dont want the same problem,so I am wondering if anyone has heard of what herbs help with this problem.
In fact,if anyone has heard ANYTHING that might help,I'd love to hear about it.
thanks heaps

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: prostate herbs

By "prostate problems" do you mean benign enlargement of the gland (prostatic hyperplasia)?

Saw palmetto (Serenoa repens) is probably the best known and studied herb in this regard, and has shown some effectiveness in helping urinary symptoms (prevention of benign prostatic hyperplasia by intake of this herb is less well-characterized, as far as I know).

There is also preliminary evidence that lycopene (found in tomatoes) may prevent as well as treat prostate cancer. More here.

In the U.S., problems with standardization of herbal medicines mean that you can't be sure that a given supplement contains significant active ingredients - and this has been shown to be the case for saw palmetto.

o

You could try nettle root.

o

Try this.

Mince 500 g of pumpkin seeds and mix with one cup of honey. Make little balls ( 2cm) and keep them in a fridge.
Take one daily ( put in your mouth and resolve it)before meal.
Do it only once a year.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbalism Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here