Return to the Herbalism Forum | Post a Follow-Up

poisoned by the yew tree

Posted by organneli (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 21, 08 at 12:20

I've been making christmas wreaths with yew branches. My right index finger is lumpy and swollen and itchy when hot. I believe it to be reacting to the yew. What can I do to draw the poison out of the finger?

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: poisoned by the yew tree

Ice is a good place to start.

RE: poisoned by the yew tree

This sounds more like mechanical irritation/foreign body reaction or possibly an allergy (yew should be toxic only when eaten). If swelling increases and it becomes painful it's time to get medical attention.

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbalism Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here