Return to the Herbalism Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Some Yarrow for Toothaches

Posted by Clotilde_Soupert z9b/east texas (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 30, 05 at 13:39

I need to trade or buy some fresh rooted yarrow, or some dried yarrow leaf, or some seeds for planting next season. My son has wisdom teeth coming in, and is often plagued with tooth pains. Yarrow has been my best remedy, but it does not grow well down here (Z9 east texas), and keeps dying out. So here it is best grown as an annual. When I moved recently I lost my stock of it.
I have plenty of things to trade for it, look on my home page to get ideas, or let me know what you need.
Thanks, JM

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need Some Yarrow for Toothaches

I am trying to figure out why yarrow would die in zone 9.... it is deciduous, sometimes, dying BACK. Does it get too much water in the summer?
My second thing is, maybe the poor boy needs to get his teeth pulled?
After all of this, I don't have any fresh yarrow... but you can buy it easily.

o

clotilde, let's email privately. I have plenty of dried yarrow harvested from my meadow. Have you also considered oil of clove diluted in olive oil and applied to the wisdom teeth? Or spilanthes?

o

spilanthes makes a lot of spit! :o)

o

I think our summers are too hot for yarrow. There are a lot of prairie and eastern plants that come in here and manage for a while, but the heat gets them after a while. It also rains a lot on occasion, and that does more of them in.

Thanks to both of you for the help. JM

o

You might be able to grow it in a pot. I don't think it's the heat, cuz it takes my 110 and above just fine. It might be too much water. If it was in a pot, you could bring it in during a rain... I water mine maybe once or twice a week at that heat. I am hoping that you can grow it. It's a weed here in our hot dry summers.

o

Might I make a suggestion, if it is a tooth breaking through and you can get some root of the common Mallow and chew on that it may be helpfull (it works for teething babies.

o

I have Yarrow and several others from your wish list. In need of Elderberries, drop me a line please. Thanks, Lynn

o

oh! how about clove oil? or just putting a clove where the tooth is erupting?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbalism Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here