Return to the Herbalism Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rosemary

Posted by oakleif z6 AR (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 28, 08 at 15:32

Make a hot tea. When it cools use it as a final hair rinse for dandruff.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rosemary

According to Ye Olde Wikipedia Rosemary may have a noticeable effect on the brain, improving memory but slowing recall. Epileptics should however avoid it.

o

If you are talking about contraindications for rosemary, add pregnancy to the list. Included below is a link for a whole list of herbs contraindicated during pregnancy.

FataMorgana

Here is a link that might be useful: Pregancy - Herb Safety Chart

o

Since its on the Use in moderation list I would imagine that use as a topical dandruff control measure would not be contraindicated.

o

Thanks fatamorgana. Glad you posted the info.

o

Rosemary is a circulatory stimulant (the reason its contraindicated in pregnancy) with an affinity for the head. My first and favorite go to remedy for simple headache. It also increases alertness so is good for students and those doing tedious mental work.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbalism Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here