Return to the Herbalism Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with Fibroids

Posted by herb_lover_grower 7 to 10 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 4, 06 at 16:35

Sorry I posted the wrong word, was in a hurry. I have fibroids, and want to know what I do or use to help them to shrink or go away. Any advice.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with Fibroids

Yes, see a doctor! That isn't something a folk remedy or something from your backyard will fix, and the longer you don't see an MD about them, the more serious they could get.

o

Or if you are like me, hoping that peri-menopause and the lowering of the amount of hormones in my body will help shrink them. Have you had an ultrasound? They aren't necessarily the emergency that lucy is implying. I have had fibroids for 15 years and mine are very slow growing. If they aren't filling your entire uterus and causing really odd bleeding, then they are fine. Even some off period bleeding is okay. You CAN get them lasered out. a friend of mine did that twice. Especially if you keep them monitored...

o

yes I have seen a doctor and I am going to see one soon. I think that fibroids as it has been researched comes for stress and lifestyle.

o

and genetics.

o

I never said it was an emergency, only that delaying seeing a doctor and using who knows what was not a smart idea. And fibroids do NOT come from 'stress and lifestyle" (ask your MD).

o

lucy

o
Could this have been said nicer and maybe explained

I had fibroids that quickly enveloped my uterous,ovarys and stomach cavity. Surgery done.
If i had no medical knowledge. Would i have pushed the panic button after reading lucys post?Why not explain why?

o

Question any and everything you read in a public forum. There is always a mix of good advice and information with misinformation and utter b.s. Since there is a hormonal component to their development, stress and lifestyle are major factors with fibroids, genetics too can play a role.

Herbs that increase circulation to the pelvic area can be helpful as can herbs that support the endocrine system (hormones) As stated above many women do nothing except wait for the menopausal shift in hormones which makes them a non issue, a viable option unless they are causing you trouble in some way.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbalism Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here