Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chloeasha

Coat :)

chloeasha
18 years ago

I got a few coats this year.. i had several die suddenly lol. Anyway, here is one of them. I took this for a friend as I was on my way out the door. LOL it's actually a picture that looks the msot like me so far! LOl! anyway, I'm going to try to get my other coats this week :)

Anyone else also like coats?

{{gwi:62987}}

Comments (23)

• fishies
    18 years ago

Oooh - I love the lapels! They're HUGE, and BEAUTIFUL...

I, too, love coats. And here's a photo of my very favourite new jacket:

{{gwi:62988}}

And from the front:
    {{gwi:62989}}

And since we're on the topic of garments, here's a shot of my favouritest shoes, for good measure:

{{gwi:62990}}
    They're a bit ratty, because I wear them ALL THE TIME :)

• chloeasha
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Those are totally awesome!!! i love them! Your shoes look like this underwear set i just got from Victorias Secret. It's this black mesh with black irredescent sequins and I love that color combo.

• fishies
    18 years ago

Thanks, Julianna - so my coat and your skivvies, huh? Together, we could be a showgirl! :)

• chloeasha
    Original Author
    18 years ago

LOL1 I thought I replied to this? Anyway your coat looks like it could have come from this store by me that sells awesome coats! masons! And LOl about the showgirl thing.. I'm doing strip-aerobics things right now as part of my exercise plan!

• tisha_
    18 years ago

Both of your coats are beautiful.

I got a plain ordinary peacoat for x-mas last year and I just love it. I wish the weather could cool off so I could wear it!

• chloeasha
    Original Author
    18 years ago

LOl Tisha! I love peacoats! I got this red courderoy one from Gap this fall :)

• tisha_
    18 years ago

Mine is from Old Navy. It's heathered camel. Oh! I got a cashmere scarf for x-mas this year. I've never owned anything that was cashmere. I'm in love.

• chloeasha
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Awesome! I have only stuff that's a cashmere blend.. although I got a pashmina scarf to wear as an emergency hijab in jordan and it is sooooo soft!!!!! i love it!

• tisha_
    18 years ago

I've never even owned cashmere blend before. I'm very excited.

• tisha_
    18 years ago

They have the same coat at Old Navy this year too. I just realized. Here's what it looks like. I just love it w/ some cute jeans and my brown boots.

Here is a link that might be useful: Women's Plus Belted Peacoats

• chloeasha
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Me either :) until about 3 months ago :) So that was a big step for me! LOl!

• fishies
    18 years ago

Cashmere is divine... seriously. Being in religious studies, I'm totally an expert on divinity, and let me tell you, cashmere is heaven right here on earth. In fact, I might just write a paper on the sacred properties of cashmere :)

Pea coats are also heaven's answer to my desperate need for something that resembles a waistline. Winter layering can wreak absolute havoc on a gal's figure.

• tisha_
    18 years ago

Now, if I were to be eating some homemade divinity while dressed from head-to-toe in cashmere, would that mean that I'd died and gone to heaven? lol

• fishies
    18 years ago

Yes.

Unless you were wearing a pea coat, in which case, you'd be bringing a little bit of heaven back with you to earth, rather than going to heaven yourself.

Technically speaking, that is.

S.

• chloeasha
    Original Author
    18 years ago

That coat is cute! You know i have never had divinity before.. lol.

• fishies
    18 years ago

Some more of my favourite apparel:

A 1950s hat with brown feathers - the bow is rather ratty, and it's only wearable on dry, windless, fall days. But I still love it :)
    {{gwi:62991}}

A late 1920s / early 1930s cloche hat. This one is way too small for my head, and pushes my eyebrows down into my eyes when I wear it... :(

But I still love it anyway :)
    {{gwi:62992}}

And finally, a pair of shoes I found on sale at The Bay last fall. These are just plain YUMMY.
    {{gwi:62993}}

These images look really dark - is it my computer, or are they dark for you guys, too?

• chloeasha
    Original Author
    18 years ago

maybe just your computer? they are Ok on mine.

i love the hats.. and the shoes ARE divine!!!!! I love those!!!!

• tisha_
    18 years ago

The pics look great on my comp. LOVE those shoes!

I've never worn hats. I love looking at them, but I don't know how women do it and then get someplace and take them off. If I did that, I'd look scary all day. I can't even wear a knit cap without getting hat-hair. So, how do you do it?

• ooojen
    18 years ago

I'm not a hat-wearer, either, but I think they look darned cute on other people. Those two are great!
    Julianna-- never had divinity? You really should remedy that situation! It's very low fat...don't ask about the sugar ;)
    Oooo, cashmere! I have two cashmere sweaters- one I picked out for myself, a deep cobalt blue, and one DH got me for Christmas a couple years ago, an icky pink. The year before I'd expressed an interest in one I saw while we were together- a pretty blush pink, and 50% off (and at 50% off, still about as much $ as a half dozen of the sweaters I'd normally buy myself.) I didn't get it, but the next year he paid full price for one I really don't like...and didn't save the receipt. They just had dregs left by after Christmas, anyway. Oh well-- I've worn it around home. It feels nice, and when it's on me, I don't have to look at it that much.
    Neat coats and shoes, ladies! I got myself a box-store jacket this winter for $15...I don't think I'll bother to share a shot. My closet is pathetic!

• chloeasha
    Original Author
    18 years ago

LOL Jen! I love that idea.. not having to look at a sweater when it's on!!! I neve had even heard of divinity until I heard someone mention it like 3 years ago!

• chloeasha
    Original Author
    18 years ago

LOL Jen! I love that idea.. not having to look at a sweater when it's on!!! I neve had even heard of divinity until I heard someone mention it like 3 years ago!

• larry_b
    18 years ago

Hi Shelly,

Congratulations! You are really getting into the hang of posting pictures. The pictures look kinda dark to me, too. I took the liberty of lightening up one of the pictures. If you would like to be able to do this there is a program called irfanview that you can get off the web at: www.irfanview.com . I would be happy to help you with that if you would like to delve into a little more high-tech.

Larry

PS - You have some really cool stuff.

{{gwi:62994}}

• fishies
    18 years ago

Thanks again, Larry! The computers at the Research Center at school had irfanview, and it's fantastic (*way* better than Kodak Imaging, which is worthless, folks). But I didn't realize that irfanview was free software. I'm on my way right now!

Tisha - the anti-hat-headedness with which I am now blessed has come from careful consideration of haircuts. I can't have bangs, and can only have long layers, not short ones. I've got a short bob right now. Of course, come summer, it's easier to grow out hair, because summer hats tend to fit less tightly around the head and are lighter weight. But really, here in Ottawa, wearing hats is not necessarily a choice - it can get REALLY cold here. Someone told me once that Ottawa is the coldest national capital in the world, even colder than Moscow.

And I chose to move here. From a number of choices, I decided to move to the coldest national capital in the world. sigh.

Shelly.