Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
birdsnblooms

Pet Peeve!

birdsnblooms
11 years ago

Hello,

I'm not only peeved, but concerned, too.

Does anyone here give their dogs 'Waggin' Train or Canyon Creek Dog Bisquits?

What I'm about to say is NOT a racist remark. So please don't take it that way.

Waggin' Train products have been around many years.
I thought it was an American Company. It's NOT!
Dog busquits are made in China.

My 5-yr-old dog, Coco loves Waggin' Train, 'Chik'n Biscuits.' He munches 5-6 treats per day.

Because they're hard to find, I ordered 2, 40oz bags through Amazon.

I received a Warning email from Amazon!
Both products have traces of Antibiotics. The antibiotics are used for poultry in China.

This is the second time there was a recall for Waggin' Train Bisquits.
You'd think the FDA would have looked in this matter after the first recall. Apparently not.

In the meantime, my dog and others are being fed antibiotics and God only knows what else.

My options are contacting Amazon's Consumer Affair Department or going to waggintrainbrand.com.

At this point I don't know what to do. It's Saturday, for one. I'm planning on calling Amazon and going to WT's site.

Coco has had some problems...constipation, etc.
What will happen in the future? Is he going to contract an illness, die?
I'm so damned pissed off!

BTW, Regarding the first recall I discovered, dogs who had been eating Waggin' Train bisquits were diagnosed with kidney problems and/or failer.

Where do I turn? What do I do?
Last summer, Coco was taken to the vet for his Rabie shot and basic physical exam.

I notice, he has little tumors, hopefully fatty..At least that's what the vet said when he had a couple lumps, which not have mutliplied. The vet didn't do a biopsy.

Any opinions? Thanks, Toni

Comments (7)

• teisa
    10 years ago

My moms dog lived on Wagon Train chicken treats! She can't find anything he will eat now! I do know if you bought some and afraid to give them to your dog now , Wagon Train is sending rebate checks out. (she didn't have the receipt either).
    But I'm sure alot of pet parents worry about this company!!

• asleep_in_the_garden
    10 years ago

Toni,
    PLEASE come back to us.

Even if you DID throw out your collection and even if you NEVER buy another houseplant,we could still use your help in here and I know I'm not alone in missing you!

• teengardener1888
    10 years ago

I agree, please dont leave us. My mom is agry over that company also

• asleep_in_the_garden
    10 years ago

The "company" that Toni didn't invite to come over for dinner was mealy bugs. They attacked in vast numbers and in order to save remaining plants from infection she was tossing the bad ones but they just kept coming til she couldn't take it anymore and we haven't heard a peep out of her since.

OK everyone...we must perform a RITUAL SACRIFICE in order to bring Toni back to us. When you kill mealy at home I want you to think of Toni and say something like DIE YOU LITTLE MONSTER...THIS IS FOR TONI!!!

Ok...mebbe that won't work either,but if she's lurking and reading this I sure hope she knows that she's missed. :)

• teengardener1888
    10 years ago

I read her 2 desperate discussions and she was very upset. Please dont go away

• birdsnblooms
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi!!!

I forgot about this thread.

The good news: Wagon Train bisquits were taken off store shelves. Some time ago.

The bad news: It's unfortunate for our dogs who loved these bisquits.

Teisa. Did your mom find a replaement treat for her pooch?

Years ago, if you wrote to a company, 'pen and paper, lol,' company's sent sample packets.
    Instead of paying for an entire box only to have Spot reject it, free samples were a blessing.

If Spot, Kitty, and even Tweety-Bird liked the brand, you knew which to buy.

Walmart has/d free samples, 'various items' on their home page, but you have to sign up per company, and expect an Inbox filled w/spam.

Gosh, I am getting old. lol. Companies used to send, little, white, 1" tubes of lipstick in different colors. FREE.
    Anyone here happen to remember?

Teisa. Coco likes Purina/Alpo Variety Snaps and Milkbone bisquits. Each contain four flavors.
    The box doesn't say bisquits are actually 'made' in USA, but lists Purina, CT and Milkbone, NY.

Although Coco is partial to chicken, he's developed a taste for Pup-Peroni, mix sticks...the bag says, made with real beef and sweet potato.

Amazon sent a phone number for rebate. I called the number. They sent a check for 70.00. I also wrote WT to make a complaint. I honestly wasn't asking for a refund, but they sent 9.00. lol.

Yes, there were numerous complaints. Of course, there are many who think, $$. Lawsuits..USA's newest form of income. Unbelievable.

Anyway, hope your mom finds a brand her dog will eat.

Teen. Do you have pets?
    Your mom should be upset. I hope she found a replacement treat and got the rebate, too.

Asleep. Yeah, the ants that protect mealy want treats, too..so, I got them treats. Terro!
    They find it very appitizing. I was happy to oblige. :)

• asleep_in_the_garden
    10 years ago

Toni,

I hope they get their fill! ;)