Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Now THIS is an outrage!

Posted by growhappy z7 MD (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 17, 06 at 20:48

Oh, I am so mad I could spit nails!!!! I know that many of you have probably seen the headlines by now. An out of state relative just shared it with me this evening. How the HE$$ does this happen? Everyone at DFACS who ever came into contact with this case should be FIRED!!! The whole FU%^%^% agency should be OVERHAULED and replaced with people who actually care about children's welfare, not just about closing "another case". There aren't many things in this world that piss me off, but child abuse IS one of them. Right at the top. God, help them.

The mother of this child needs psychiatric evaluation as well as the creep who did this to her- the stepfather. How could any mother stand by and watch her child being abused like this? How could she have lain awake that night hearing her child moaning in pain "Mommy, Mommy" and did NOTHING! Oh, God. I need to hop off this soapbox, my blood is BOILING!!!!!!!!! Argggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Little Nixzmary

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Now THIS is an outrage!

More on this story.....

Here is a link that might be useful: More on Little Nixzmary

o

That poor child. How could anyone do such things to a child? Why don't these agency's err on the side of caution..as in checking out any situation instead of sitting and waiting for more horrible things to happen? Everyone at that agency should be looked at real hard. I won't even comment on what I think should happen to the mother and stepfather! I hope that poor little girl spirit is in a better place now.

Foxy.

o

Please ... I'm in NYC & this story is all over everywhere; thousands of people have been lining up for the child's funeral for 2 days (it's tommorow).

I'm not usually for the death penalty, but when this topped tonite's news, I must say that's what my guts said to do to the Father (an Ex-Marine, no less), w/ a close 2nd for the mother; I had to change the channel!

Unbearably sad....

o

Stories like this just make me discused. Our goverments need to put more people into the welfare system. These caseworkers have way too many cases to deal with. I am not making excuses for the caseworkers its just there are too many cases for the handful of workers to deal with. This case had red flags all over the place. There are no excuses for the dealth of that little girl. I hope the parents burn in he** slowly.

Dawn

o

It's such a horrible shame how often things liek this happen. We have a case going on right now in Oklahoma. The poor baby was only 2 years old.

Here is a link that might be useful: The DHS Report on Kelsey Briggs

o
More...

More on Kelsey Smith-Briggs...

Here is a link that might be useful: The disputed end...

o

• Posted by fishies Ottawa z4a or 5 (My Page) on
    Wed, Jan 18, 06 at 14:34

Sadly, these situations are not as uncommon as we might think. And it makes me think that there's something much more fundamentally wrong with "the system" than just a couple of overworked social workers and a few crappy parents. I don't know exactly what that something is, mind you. But when violence and aggression is this personal, something's gone wrong somewhere. And when it happens to a lot of different people in a lot of different places, something's going wrong in a big way.

I wonder if the rise in incidents of infanticide and child abuse are actually a rise, though? Has this been happening on this scale for a while, and we just didn't know it?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here