Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
libbyliz_gw

Where is everyone?

LibbyLiz
16 years ago

I miss all the "old" folk! :( CRY Where is everyone?

Comments (22)

• tisha_
    15 years ago

Some people are still "around" but I only come in now and again to see if any of the old folks have posted.

In the new house, not many houseplants will survive.

BUT, it's spring, and I've put some houseplants outside, so at least I'll have that. :-)

• LibbyLiz
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yeah, Tisha's here! I was checking my post almost daily, then weekly, then, well, you know. LOL

So, where are the "others"? WINK

• tisha_
    15 years ago

Nan and Toni are both over in the main area pretty frequently. Other than that, I guess everyone is at David's Garden (or whatever). Oh, but I do see that PG Karen is around here a bit too.

I found Theresa on MySpace a couple of days ago. She is doing well, as is Celeste.

• LibbyLiz
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Do you know where Margaret is? I sent an e-mail to both accounts I have for her & one came back as undeliverable & the other never got a reply.

• tisha_
    15 years ago

No I don't. I'm sorry.

• LibbyLiz
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I saw oojen posted!

• larry_b
    15 years ago

Hi Liz,

I speak with Margaret about once a month on the telephone. She is doing quite well. She doesn't post on the Gardenweb anymore. She decided that she didn't like how ivillage was running it. She used to post on the new were plant forum, but I haven't seen her post over there for a long time either. Then, I don't post over there very often myself, so I may have missed some of her posts.

Margaret's passion is now jewelry making and she spends almost all if her time with it. She still takes care of her own plants, but she doesn't do any plant trading or plant selling any more.

Larry

• LibbyLiz
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Larry,

Can you shoot me an e-mail to confirm the phone number I have for her? She never replied to my e-mails & I don't want to call the number I have for her & it not be her number anymore.

I'm glad I didn't give up completely on this post or I would have missed your response. :-)

• larry_b
    15 years ago

Hi Liz,

You're member page does not have a link to send you an e-mail. I don't want to put my e-mail address out on the forum. Could you set up a link on your member page so that I can send you margaret's number? Don't send an e-mail to me via my garden web member page. The e-mail that I use for garden web does not work and I will never get it.

Larry

• asleep_in_the_garden
    15 years ago

I look in here occasionally from time to time as well. It's like the place just up and died compared to the way it had been before. Real pity too. Used to be such an active forum. I wonder what happened?

• larry_b
    15 years ago

Hi Asleep,

What happened was that when iVillage came in there were quite a few of the old timers who didn't like how they were running things. They decided to boycott the place and all left. Many of those who left were my friends and even though it was their business of how they wanted to handle the new owners running of the place, I didn't necessarily think that I needed to leave myself.

I was also sad when the place died. It was a major part of my social life at the time and I always look forward to coming over here every day to see what was going on. I just posted an invitation on the discussions side of the houseplant forum for people to come over. I hope they decide to give it a try. Maybe we can get this place hopping again.

Larry

• asleep_in_the_garden
    15 years ago

You did?

Well I suppose we'll just have to see whether or not anyone bites.

• larry_b
    15 years ago

Liz,

My garden web email now works. Please drop me a line to talk about Margaret.

Larry

• asleep_in_the_garden
    15 years ago

Getting the info you were looking for?

• larry_b
    15 years ago

Hi Asleep,

Getting the info you were looking for?

I'm not sure what you are asking.

Larry

• asleep_in_the_garden
    15 years ago

Not exactly sure what I meant by that either now that you mention it.

• larry_b
    15 years ago

Asleep,

LOL, don't feel bad. I had one of those days yesterday myself.

I'm feeling a little bit like I just threw a big party and nobody came. Well I guess a couple of people came but I had really hoped for a lot more. I would really like to see this place active again. It was such a fun place to come to. There was activity every day. I'll do a little more soliciting and hope that people will come over. I'm still hopeful.

Larry

• asleep_in_the_garden
    15 years ago

I know what you mean.

• tisha_
    15 years ago

Larry, have you ever visited the Garden Party forum?

It sort of reminds me of what we used to have over here.

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Party

• larry_b
    15 years ago

Hi Tisha,

Thanks, I took a look over there and even posted. It is definitely active. Maybe that is the solution. I'm still sad that we can't get this group to come out though.

Larry

• vera
    15 years ago

Hello, hellow! Hey Cena and Tisha, Jen and Larry and Karen! Remember me? So nice to see familiar faces!!! Sorry for logging in so rarely :(
    I kind of lost interest in my houseplants, sold most of collection (used to have over 200)a couple of years ago and started new hobby. I am making reborn dolls and sewing clother for them..... if anybody cares, you can take a look at my website at www.VeraDollCouture.com
    Still have a dozen plants around, mostly hoyas.... those who really want to live, LOL.

So, how's everybody? Glad Theresa and Celeste are doing well, please say hi to them, if anybody talks to them...

HUGS
    Vera

Here is a link that might be useful: My website

• tisha_
    15 years ago

Hi Vera!

I just started a new hobby like last weekend. I've decided to try my hand at cake decorating. So far, so good. :-)