Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Happy First Day of Spring!

Posted by growhappy z7 MD (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 20, 06 at 6:21

Although it really doesn't feel like Spring. I'm waking up to temperatures just above freezing! It's 34 degrees in Baltimore right now. Brrrr!

GH

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Happy First Day of Spring!

It's in the teens here :(
...but it is supposed to hit the low 30's for highs most of the week, maybe even 40 by the weekend.
At least we have our plants, right? Happy first day of Spring to you too!

o

Brrr to the first day of spring. It did not feel like it at all except for the sun I should say. Well, the days are longer too. So yes yes to that happy first day of spring.

I bought some seeds (herbs that I hope to plant indoors soon) at my favorite nursery along with worm waste in a disposable pop bottle. It's a spritz sort of thing so the bad part is worm waste mist on your hands and windows. My favorite nursery guy said his plants love it.

o

My windows are rattling and the wind is howling around the house and it sure doesn't feel like spring to me. :0(
But that hasn't stopped me from planting some things indoors. Outside it's cold and windy inside is spring with things growing and making promises of flowers to come.

Boooooooo to spring outdoors and yay to indoors spring.

o

• Posted by fishies Ottawa z4a or 5 (My Page) on
    Tue, Mar 21, 06 at 9:53

Did anyone celebrate the equinox? As I huddled under a blanket marking midterms yesterday, I was picturing all the pagans and neo-wiccans who would have been doing ritual outside.

BRRR!

All's I can say is, the State U of Arizona had better be hiring when I graduate :) I don't want to deal with many more northern winters.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here