Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hustle and flow

Posted by tootswisc z4/5Wi (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 7, 06 at 20:28

You know it's hard out there for a pimp......

I really liked this movie. DH brought it home on a friday night and I thought, if this is painful to watch, I'm falling asleep. But I really liked it. I am glad the song won an oscar. It's strange to like a movie about a pimp who really feels for his "girls" and wants to make something out of their lives.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hustle and flow

We watched 'Crash' last night--very good but not always very happy. (Watched The Curse of the Were-Rabbit a couple nights ago. My son has good taste in DVDs!) I just hurt for those people in 'Crash', and then alternately wanted to shake them for being so hurtful to each other, but just when I'd get too upset there'd be a really nice warm touch. No doubt they'd be better in the theatre.

o

Hey Folks,
I'm terrible, but most of the movies I heard won awards or were even nominated I don't even remember seeing advertised. I didn't watch the oscars either (clearly I need to watch more TV!) What exactly is Crash about? The one about the pimp sounds interesting. I'm going to keep my eye's peeled for it. Did Broke Back win anything? I didn't see it, but lord knows I heard enough about it from my homophobic fiance!
C~

o

I think there are lot's of great movies out there now-can you tell I am an empty nester!. CRash is about some really harsh characters, a rich "bit**" white woman whose husband is possibly a corrupt political figure up for election, an upper middle class black couple who might be a bit racist. a corrupt cop who has a father who can't afford the medical care he needs. It is a very harsh movie that may make sense in the end. I have not seeen the movie for a while so my explaination is poor. Broke Back did win a few things but not major acting Oscars.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here