Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tootswisc

Chicago flower and Garden show

tootswisc
18 years ago

I was going to ask for prayers to help me today but non were needed. Our senior group had arranged for a bus trip to to Chicago. We did not get enoough people to sign up so we canceled the bus. So we rented a 15 passenger van and I DROVE US TO CHICAGO! That's right, 10 little old ladies and myself took off at 8 am. What was I thinking when I agreed to do this? Fortunately I did google a few maps. I had to drop a few riders off at the field museum, then a few more at Water Tower Plaza and finally 5 of us at Navy Pier. Parking the beast proved interesting.

Well, I must have done OK as they gave me an $8 tip and asked when we could do this again? I returned back home at 9PM totally impressed with myself for navigating thru Chicago traffic in a beast of a vehicle while putting up a cool as a cucumber front. And the flower show was great-I got a varigated jade along with another jade, a flame pencil cactus and an itty bitty orchid-total cost was $12. Alocasias with hosta's might be a new theme in my gardens-why not spend landscaping dollars on future houseplants!

Comments (6)