Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Springtime in Denver

Posted by larry_b Z5/CO (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 18, 06 at 1:36

Hi all,

Our crab apple is in full bloom. This spring has been void of frost and the flowers on this tree are just spectacular! I hope your spring is just as lovely.

Larry

Image hosting by Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Springtime in Denver

We also have a bunch daffadils next to the driveway. It was dificult to get a very good picture of the flowers because they are a cream color that is very easily washed out in the direct sunlight. Even so, they are pretty.

Image hosting by Photobucket

o

Ir's springtime in Wisconsin too! Don't you just love crab apples. Great pictures Larry

o

• Posted by fishies Ottawa z4a or 5 (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 18, 06 at 9:52

Lovely tree and flowers, Larry! I just heard two of my neighbours talking about the lilacs blooming already. Haven't seen any myself yet, but let me tell you: I can't wait! :)

o

Those are beautiful!!! We're a bit behind you, but the Chionodoxa are blooming, along with some wildflowers -Bloodroot, Dutchman's Breeches (not PC? Dicentra something-or-other, I think), Spring Beauties, Hepatica, trout lilies... I love it!

Are you CO folks spared the blight that has hit our crabapples here in MN? Ours yellow in late July or early Aug. I hear there are some new resistant varieties out, and I'm going to look into them, because I just love flowering crabapples. Again, you're is just beautiful-- Daffodils are too!

Ooo, lilacs mean not only that heady scent, but also concurrent morels :) Another couple weeks, here, I expect.

o

Hi Jen,

Are you talking about fire blight? Yes, we have that out here and it can be a real problem with our tree. The biggest problem is if we have a wet Spring. In that case the tree will be covered with flagging. It has been so bad in the past that I have really considered cutting the tree down. It's too expensive to have a tree trimmer to come out every summer to trim it.

This spring has been very dry so I'm hoping that we won't see much if any fire blight on the tree this year.

Larry

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here