Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Re potted peace lily, now black tips?

Posted by katsols none (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 10, 12 at 15:01

My peace lily was a bit root bound so i loosened the old soil and roots gently and re potted it to a one and a half inch +-bigger pot. Not all, but some of my lilies leaf tips started to turn black, not like little yellow at first and then dries to brown but straight up black. What's going on?
p.s. i used fafard potting mix soil and i mized into it some perlite and a pinch of sand.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Re potted peace lily, now black tips?

Sorry, this is posted in the wrong area for responses. Pls. re-post to the 'Discussions' area next door as it were (see top of this page).

These plants don't mind being rootbound, next time, I'd leave it alone until roots start coming out of the bottom of the pot.

Repotting during bloom can kill the blooms -- that MAY be what happened here, repotting while in bloom likely killed the blooms.

What kind of sand did you use & why (pls)?

Sand is NEVER, EVER a good idea. It's likely to block the air spaces in the mix & cause drainage problems in future, pls. don't do that again if you wish to keep your plants healthy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here