Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
asleep_in_the_garden

Here's a less controversial Video

This one isn't dark or anything...it's just amazing to watch.

Hope you enjoy it! :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Coolest dolphin ever!!!

Comments (9)

• 123Greta
    10 years ago

Beautiful video, AITG. I probably would have ventured over to this forum earlier, but I hadn't realized it was here...
    Now the problem is remembering to come back. I visit so many GW forums ! =)

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    10 years ago

If you click the little box when replying - to have replies emailed, it reminds you whenever something is added, I love that! If you're away for a while, you can at least know about the loose ends you were involved in.

• asleep_in_the_garden
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I wonder how many people actually don't even know that these creatures exist...

• asleep_in_the_garden
    Original Author
    10 years ago

So Karen,..

Are you going to tell me that even though these guys were in your back yard so to speak,that you never heard of them?

I seriously believe you are pulling my leg! LOL

Anyhoo,at the risk of yet again straying off topic,I must say that if I lived in that neck of the rain forest I would be collecting from the wild in a big way to augment my collection. I know some people frown on that but frankly I simply would not be able to resist...all those aroids!!!

Ok...Cmon...level with me here. You really didn't know about fresh water dolphins before this? Really??? :)

• pirate_girl
    10 years ago

I probably didn't know they had freshwater dolphins.

Just so you know, Brazil is an enormous country, in size just behind the USA in land mass, the USA only being bigger when Alaska & Hawaii are factored in.

So given that HUGE size, it's a bit like my being a New Yorker referring to my back yard in Alaska (w/ an entire continent in btwn).

My home town city of Rio de Janeiro is abt halfway down the Northeast Coast of Brazil. The Amazon region occupies the entire Northwest of the continent of South America, so it encompasses multiple countries (off the top of my head, I'd say 5-6 countries at least).

So all that said & size reference given, how familiar are you w/ the flora & fauna on the other side of your continent? See what I mean ;>).

• asleep_in_the_garden
    Original Author
    10 years ago

LOL yes Karen,..I see I see. :)

...But did you know that there were such things as fresh water dolphins at all previous to this?

It just seems to me that these treasures are so unknown to so many people(which may be to their benefit).

• asleep_in_the_garden
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Then again,if more people knew,them maybe something could be done to protect them from...

Here is a link that might be useful: ...this

• birdsnblooms
    10 years ago

Asleep, thanks for the video. The first is amazing. Soothing music, as the Dorphin swims around without a worry.

Video two was opposite the first..very upsetting. In fact, 'although more people should be made aware,' I'm sorry I read it.

The Yellow River is disgusting. To think, at one time, the Yellow River was as pure as a fresh snowfall.

Indurstrial plants used to be located in US. Until the EPA stepped in, air pollution was a major problem.
    In fact, I remember heading to downtown Chicago. While on the expressway or public transportation, you couldn't see the tall buildings. SMOG was at an all-time high.

Now that most plants have reloated to China, etc, US air and water is cleaner, 'EPA taking credit, :)', but China's air and waterways are terribly polluted.
    Wonder how many chemicals are tossed in their waters.

Asleep, is the subject really less controversial? :)

• asleep_in_the_garden
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Originally I just wanted to share with anyone who didn't know they existed and rejoice that we still have some left in the world and to appreciate them while they are still here.

The more people know,the more people there are to show their disapproval.

Not that it stops big money from throwing a monkey wrench into everything.

Biggest hydro electric project of it's kind...BIG money here. Just a little detail...going ahead with the project is going to cause the extinction of an entire species of dolphins that live in the river.

That was like two years ago.
    I'm beginning to think you're right Toni...maybe not any less controversial at all.