Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pride and Prejudice

Posted by larry_b Z5/CO (My Page) on
Sun, May 28, 06 at 1:01

Hi all,

I just saw the latest movie remake of Pride and Prejudice. I thought it was rather well done and even with a "PG" rating. Sometimes it's refreshing to watch a movie where some woman doesn't have to take off her shirt to give it an "R" rating.

Larry

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pride and Prejudice

• Posted by fishies Ottawa z4a or 5 (My Page) on
    Sun, May 28, 06 at 9:32

But Colin Firth is Mr. Darcy. This "new movie" makes no sense to me. There's no Colin Firth. Where's Colin Firth? It'd be like doing a remake of Anne of Green Gables without Megan Follows. I think Sense and Sensibility without Colin Firth might even be one of the signs of the apocalypse.

That said, I haven't seen the movie yet. How was it? :)

Shelly

o
RE: Pride and Prejudice

Hi Shelly,
sorry I didn't get back to you sooner on this. The movie was pretty good. The accents were pretty difficult to understand and I'm so glad that DVDs have subtitles. We really made use of it. It was a real cute movie and definitely worth watching.

I am embarrassed to say that I have never seen the version with Colin Firth. I know that it is a classic, but it is one that I have managed to miss all these years. I definitely need to see it.

Anyway, I think the remake is worth a look see. It was really well done.

Larry

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here