Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Prom!!!!

Posted by fishies Ottawa z4a or 5 (My Page) on
Mon, May 8, 06 at 11:01

Guys, I'm having another theme party... !

This one's going to be a Prom Party, and the Prom theme is "Moonlight & Margaritas." Isn't that fabulous? I'm going to have patio lanterns all over the backyard and cardboard cutouts of stars and a moon, and a couple of plastic palm trees, and some tiki torches in the garden, and a margarita bar along the house wall. I'm even going to set up some kind of backdrop against the garage for "prom pictures," and have a vote for Prom King and Queen. Add a bunch of balloons, and baby, you've got yourself a backyard prom!

Does anyone have any suggestions for music? There's only so many times I can play "Margaritaville" before my friends turn on me. I'm thinking of making a couple of mixes, with "prom favourites" from the late 40s onward. But I'd like at least a few thematic tunes on each CD, songs that embody that Margarita Feeling. Anyone have any ideas?

I'm so excited... what will I WEAR? :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Prom!!!!

Well, you can't have a prom without "Blue Moon"

o

I love it!!! Whatever you wear, be sure to have a lovely up-do and a gigantic orchid corsage :)
Gotta have "Stairway to Heaven" (much as I hate to promote it, "Color My World")

Not Prommy, but Margarita-y: "Ten Rounds with Jose Cuervo", James Taylor's "Mexico"...I think he re-did it with Jimmy Buffet, "Kokomo", "On and On", "American Dream" (which features Jamaica instead of Mexico, but the feel is there-- ditto "The Pina insert tilde over n Colada song")
I'll keep thinking--- way cool idea, Shelly!

o

• Posted by fishies Ottawa z4a or 5 (My Page) on
    Mon, May 8, 06 at 14:52

Great tune suggestions, guys!!! Jen, your suggestion of "Mexico" made me think of that Edward Bear song, "You, Me, and Mexico." Ah... my 70s selection will be truly glorious. And I will definitely be having myself one big orchid of a good hair day, I tell you what.

Keep 'em coming!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here