Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
theresa6

Hi everyone, remember me?

theresa6
17 years ago

Hi!

I know its been a while, my life sortof got hijacked!

I wanted to check in and see if all my old gw friends were still around :)

Things around here are pretty good... we are working on our adoption contract for our foster baby and we are hoping things should be done officially by fall. Soon we will offically be a family of 4!

Celeste is doing OK, she is getting so big I cant believe she is almost 7 ! I feel old.

My plants are also doing great, lots of flowers on my goodies from Robs Violets as well as my hoyas.

So how have things been going on gw? How is everyone?

Theresa

Comments (9)

• tisha_
    17 years ago

It's wonderful to see you, Theresa!

• birdsnblooms
    17 years ago

Hi Theresa..It's good to see you again. I was wondering where you were hiding.
    What part of IL are you near?
    So, you're adding a new family member..Congrats. How old?

Glad to hear your plants are doing good, too. Any new additions since you last posted?
    Anyway, good hearing from you again..Toni

• fishies
    17 years ago

Hi there! I can't believe Celeste is seven! It's been a while since we've heard an update from you - how's your foster child? What's her name? (she is a girl, right?)

I think you can pretty much see most people's lives on the posts in the forum :) ... Tisha's going to Vegas, Jen's getting wind turbines, Toots went sailing, I've had painful foot surgery and continue to like ABBA no matter what you all have to say about it :)

But what about you? What have you been doing with yourself?

Shelly

• tootswisc
    17 years ago

You might see a lack of activity here. You were aware that GW was sold. Some people hang out here hhttp://thegardenforums.org/viewforum.php?f=28&sid=706a5cfec95dc38aa2854cd1927acf73

I have a pond at Kelly House and seem to be visiting the pond forum alot.

Some of my houseplants don't look so hot right now. Here I thought I was repotting with really good soil but the water does not seem to be running thru my big leaf philo like I want it to. I should repot I guess. And my hoya's still have not flowered!

• theresa6
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks for the updates :)

I remember GW being sold, and their being much unhappiness about it. It just happened that around that time is when our new little one came to us so I just sortof took some time off!

Toni, we are now offically suburbanites, out by Naperville. I love it here though!~ The schools are great.

I TOTALLY have the plant bug, I want to buy more, but it helps that a)I have no windowsills! LOL! and b) we are no where near a nice greenhouse. So sadly I will make do with what I have.

Shelly, our foster daughter, Amira, is soon to be our forever daughter! We brought her home when she was three days old, and now she is 7 months... can you believe how time flies? We are working on our adoption contract now, so as soon as our paperwork is done she wil be offically adopted. Its so exciting!

What have I been doing with myself? Well I took some time off school because of the new one, but will be going back in the fall and hope to start my student teaching shortly thereafter. I have been doing some painting off and on, some writing, but nothing too organized yet. I dont have much free time now but I love it so I am not complaining :)

Its great to catch up with you guys, I plan to stick around so we'll be chatting again soon!

Theresa

• larry_b
    17 years ago

Hi Theresa,

Of course I remember you. Your life sounds very full! You said that you got a place in the suburbs. Was it your husband who was so reluctant to move? Sometimes I get people mixed up a little bit. I'm glad you enjoy your new place.

Take care,

Larry

• breenthumb
    17 years ago

Hi Theresa, I remember you too. And all you went through trying to find a nice house your DH liked too. Glad everything worked out so well for you and your family. And congratulations on the adoption. Sandy

• catalina_101
    17 years ago

I just randomly stuck my head back in and saw this! hi Theresa! Glad all is well and congratulations on the wee one! I'm so very very happy for you :)
    hugs!

• theresa6
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks everyone! Its incredible how fast time flies, isnt it?