Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Baby Birds at the Library

Posted by tisha_ z7 OK (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 2, 06 at 10:19

Aww! Look at the baby birds we've got on the ledge of the library. They're being fed by their momma. And yes, that's TWO baby birds with their beaks in their momma's mouth! :-)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Baby Birds at the Library

Awwww, Doves! They're really sweeties! (I'll spare the details about how doves feed their babies ;)
You sure have a great view of the nest!

o

Here are a few more pictures after lunchtime. You can mostly just see momma, but there are a few peaks of baby birdies too. And, I actually wouldn't mind the gory details if you wouldn't mind sharing, jen.

o

Hi Tisha,

Great pictures! Baby birds sure are cute. Thanks for sharing!

Larry

o

awww look mourning doves. If you watch both mama and dad feed the babies, usually regergitated whatever until they are large enough to eat solid foods and fully feathered. Then mom and dad push them out of the nest and they are on their own until they can fly. I used to raise ringneck doves, they would have a clutch every two months or so.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here