Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tisha_

Update on the new digs...

tisha_
16 years ago

Keith went yesterday, to sign all the mortgage stuff to get that going for reals (we've already been pre-approved, but this is for the for real thing), so keep your fingers crossed for us even more now!

I did a little more packing last night. Over the weekend, we bought a new grill and so we had this huge box that I had to figure out SOMETHING to do with. It was so big and nice, I didn't want to just throw it away. But, it's pretty much TOO BIG to pack most stuff in. I mean, it would be awesome for my books and stuff, if we had a forklift to lift it with after they were all in there. LOL So, I decided to do all the blankets and sheets and towels in it. It'll still weigh a thousand pounds, but at least if it gets dropped, it won't matter. LOL

Comments (18)

• vera
    16 years ago

Hi, Tisha,
    I guess you are buying a house???? That's exciting, congratulations!!!
    I pop in here once in a while, but seems like most people migrate to some other places? Any ideas - you can email me, if you want to.
    HUGS
    Vera

• tisha_
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Vera!!!

Yes, we are buying a house. If everything goes smoothly, we should close on August 6th.

I know a lot of people visit some other site now, but I'm not sure what it is. I miss everyone here so much.

-Tisha

P.S. You've got mail (hopefully I had the correct address.)

• larry_b
    16 years ago

Hi Tisha,

I just wanted to say congratulations on your new home purchase! If I remember right, this has been a long process for you. I'm glad that this dream of yours is finally happening.

Larry

• tisha_
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks, Larry. It's still not happened yet... but keep your fingers crossed. We should hear today how the financing is going and if all is well, we'll close on the 6th. My stomach is in knots right now. There's still a possibility that we won't get it and if that happens, I'll be crushed... I'll just have to remind myself that it wasn't meant to be, if it doesn't happen.

• micke
    16 years ago

So how did it go? everything work out okay??
    (I know I am nosy) I want to get a house so bad, we still have 2 years left on our mobile, but it seems like we have waited forever to get it paid off, I want to move right now, getting really impatient!

• tisha_
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Well, we had to postpone closing for one more week. We won't close until the 14th now.

The sellers didn't find another place to live until just a few days ago, and it won't be ready for them to move into until the 12th.

So, one more week and it will all be over.

• tootswisc
    16 years ago

Hi Tisha.
    Very exciting news. Got any pictures. Please tell us about your new home. Hope it all goes smoothly for you

Diane

• tisha_
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Here are a few (million) photos...

House Front:

{{gwi:64514}}

Dining Room:

{{gwi:64515}}

Kitchen:

{{gwi:64516}}

View of stairs and office area (side of living room) from kitchen:

{{gwi:64517}}

Fountain in Sun Room:

{{gwi:64518}}

Downstairs bedroom (1 down, 2 up... master is up):

{{gwi:64519}}

Outside bar and storage area:

{{gwi:64521}}

Outside grill area:

{{gwi:64522}}

Sink in grill area:

{{gwi:64523}}

Pond:

{{gwi:64524}}

• shiver
    16 years ago

I love your house, and OMG that backyard is to DIE for!! You're a lucky gal to be going some place so nice---I hope everthing goes off without a hitch from here on out. :)

• tootswisc
    16 years ago

Is that a pub in your back yard? What a great house! Hope it all goes smoothly.
    Diane

• tisha_
    Original Author
    16 years ago

After about 3pm today, I won't be back to work until August 21st.

We close on the house on Tuesday, August 14, 2007 at 1pm.

We'll be moving all next week and next weekend.

This coming Sunday (August 12th) our landlord is showing our rent house to someone. Ugh. I am SO not even ready for that. I mean, I am... I'm ready to be out of that place, but not physically yet. Still SO MUCH packing and cleaning to do! And the garage... OMG they won't even be able to walk through it, it's so full.

So, anyway, wish us luck. Hopefully by this time next week I will be living in a new place. Yay!

• larry_b
    16 years ago

OMG there is a pond in your backyard! I love ponds!!!

Larry

• tisha_
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yep. We have a small pond in the backyard. There are two big fish and one baby. I love it.

• tisha_
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I'm exhausted.

• birdsnblooms
    16 years ago

Oh Tish, your home is beautiful..the house, yard...is the furniture yours or the previous owners?
    It looks so comfy-cozy..And that pond..and fish!!
    You have a fountain in a sunroom..is that enclosed? Is the area large enough to set plants? Congrats on your home, and I bet you're exhausted..Toni

• tisha_
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks, Toni!

The furniture in the pics is the old-owner's. I'll write more tomorrow.

• tisha_
    Original Author
    16 years ago

The sunroom is enclosed, yes. And tomorrow I'm going to go buy a filter for the indoor pond so that I can put fish in there as well. :-)

• larry_b
    16 years ago

Hi Tisha,

I agree, your house is beautiful! I am so envious of the ponds. I love ponds and would love to have something like yours. I know this has been a longtime in coming. I think you will enjoy having your own house very much. I know I have. It's so nice to be able to put a shelf up over here or dig a hole in the yard over there. Soon it will be "your" house and you will never want to leave. I know that I never want to move again.

Larry