Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
i need a wizard to ID my plants!!!

Posted by n1ky (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 31, 07 at 10:15

Ok recently ive been buying plants like a nutter! but from time to time i pick ones up without a label, so this is where you guys come in and put me straight.the first link below is somthing i baught recently but its starting to get yellow and sickly,so i be greatful for any help :D

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z94/nikki-maclaughlan/mysteryplant.jpg

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z94/nikki-maclaughlan/mysteryplantagain.jpg

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z94/nikki-maclaughlan/anotherweirdplantivepickedup.donthaveacluewhatthisis.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: i need a wizard to ID my plants!!!

The first one looks like a Screw Pine but I am not sure... does it have prickly edges on the leaves?
the second one I don't have a clue either other then it looks like a succulent?

o

The first one looks like Dracaena Warneckii. The second one, maybe a Partridge Breast Aloe.

Billy Rae

o

The stem of the plant isnt wooden its all green,under the leaves is rough and ontop of them is smooth,

o

N1,

Just so you know, you'll get faster responses if you post this at Discussions area or in the Gallery (of Photos). Folks tend to come to this spot just for "Conversations", hence its name.

o

I'm inclined to guess

1) Pandanus veitchii (screw pine) (confidence level: 50%)
Yucca elephantipes (variegated yucca) (45%)
Dracaena something (5%)

though the whole rough/smooth thing throws me off quite a bit, as none of these should be rough underneath the leaves. Pandanus has, in some cases, a row of spines on the underside of the leaf, down the center, as well as spines along the leaf edges, but they're not the sort of thing you'd normally leave out of a description, since they're very obvious, and they hurt.

2) Aloe variegata (partridge-breast aloe) (95%)
some other Aloe spp. (5%).

And pirate_girl is correct about this not really being the right place for this question, but you got it about half-answered anyway, so whatever.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here