Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
purpleinopp

Injuries sustained while asleep

As if it's not dangerous enough to be one of the world's clumsiest people while awake, apparently I'm no more graceful while in the land of nod. One morning I woke up with a rib out of place (according to my chiropractor. Friggin' OUCH!) This morning I discover I've bitten my own self inside my own mouth.

What has your sleeping self done to you?

Comments (5)

• asleep_in_the_garden
    10 years ago

Don't recall any outright injuries from it,but back in my childhood my mother always regaled me with stories of my sleepwalking adventures that naturally I'd have no recollection of whatsoever,right? lol

Sorry to hear about your rib. A friend told me that of all the pain he'd ever suffered...the broken rib was the worst because it only hurt.....when he breathed.

A guy I worked with for a short time literally fell out of bed in his sleep and hit his head just right and well...he never woke up again. When I heard the news I was flabbergasted! Seems easy to forget how fragile life is until we get reminded.

Be clumsy all ya want Purp,..just don't go out like that guy,..m'kay? :)

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Well, that doesn't sound like a bad way to go - for the go'er, assuming it was instant. I'd feel bad about being found though, the only negative in any 'instant' scenario, IMO.

Thought of another one... sleeping in an RV. Forgot where I was (one of those bunks near the ceiling) when I woke up and sat up, smacking my head on the ceiling. So, that was injury while half asleep. I'm surprised someone who sleeps in the garden doesn't occasionally sustain an injury, you know, like rolling over onto a hoe maybe?

• asleep_in_the_garden
    10 years ago

No worries there Purp,..
    Any hoe laying next to me wouldn't be too sharp. :D

• birdsnblooms
    10 years ago

Ribs...OUCH indeed.

I broke two ribs napping. My dumba$$ sister phoned while I was taking a nap...this was years ago.
    Got outta bed, stepped on a flash light dh, 'then b/f' left on the floor, and down I went. BTW, I was partially asleep.
    Fell on the arm of the couch, ended up w/2 broken ribs.
    Went to the doc...they took an x-ray...
    Yes, the worse part is breathing...especially when the rib hits the lung..oh God, that's awful!

When I was a child, my mother said I woke, 'asleep,' and headed to the basement.

Also, as a kid I'd dream I was falling off a mountain, then end up falling off the bed. Weird.
    I once reading the meaning of falling during a dream..It means one thinks they're life is going down hill. 'subconsciously.'
    I agree with the shrink who came up with that meaning.

Purp, you're biting your tongue?? Does it hurt when you wake? Are there marks?
    Wonder if you're dreaming??? You might not remember though..

Life is a b**** when awake or asleep.

Asleep..that's horrible about your friend. Sheesh, think I'm gonna move any nearby tables near the bed.

• birdsnblooms
    10 years ago

Purp & Asleep forgot to mention.

Rolling over a hoe, that's not too sharp. lol

Sponsored
Moda Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living