Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cactusmcharris

Do you have any pictures of unfortunate adjacency?

I do. There's another around town that will likely make my second. What's yours?

{{gwi:64919}}

Comments (22)

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    11 years ago

Good grief....that's horribly hilarious.

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    11 years ago

Completely! I've looked at this a couple times trying to jog my memory of anything like this I could contribute...

About the above, let's hope there's no inosculation!

• cactusmcharris, interior BC Z4/5
    Original Author
    11 years ago

rhizo,

Isn't it, so naturally I have to share it with you.

purple,

When I first saw it, it literally stunned me - how could the second business to get to that location get to that location? And then my delicious irony bone tickled and the rest is...well, as I said, this sort of thing has to be shared world-wide. I am sure I heard that the conjoining door, if there was one, was remodeled into a wall.

• birdsnblooms
    11 years ago

After seeing Jeff's picture, never again will we order Chinese.

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    11 years ago

I just noticed that the little emblem on the animal hospital sign has a cat on it.

11 years ago

This is really weak, blurry pic, and barely on topic, but the other night, the bank forgot to turn off the "open sign" (glowing green.) The window cover says closed. It was open closed.

Original Author
    11 years ago

I have another pic of UA, taken while it was just a little too cold for exposed flesh - let's see if I can thaw my hands to upload it. Are there not more pictures of UA in your neighbourhood, like an ice cream shop and a weight loss centre next to each other?

11 years ago

That IS unfortunate, it's really piled up, slippery looking! The adjacency too!

Hmm... about that crane... is that for maneuvering a really big customer?

Original Author
    11 years ago

purple,

That snow's nothing compared with lots of other places. The crane is craning at a hotel under construction, but yes, I thought it was placed for a punch line, too.

10 years ago

I have a pic of what may or may not be unfortunate CONJUNCTION, depending on your view... an interesting one-stop for 2 needs kind of thing?

I was helping my daughter drag move her stuff to a storage space for summer, driving the rental truck and actually stopped in the middle of the highway (term used loosely, IMO) to fumble my phone out of my purse to take a pic. She said she didn't call when I disappeared from her rear-view mirror because she knew I'd probably felt compelled to take a pic of that.

• asleep_in_the_garden
    10 years ago

The power of advertising. :)

10 years ago

It's actually a tiny place called Weed, makes for a super-funny sign! We're going on vacation soon, I hope to find a good pic for this discussion.

Original Author
    10 years ago

purple,

Then Stoner, BC should be on your to-go-to list of places, dudette.

• asleep_in_the_garden
    10 years ago

I know that UA is short for the title of this post but right about here perhaps it takes on more meaning? LOL

10 years ago

Well I didn't see any unfortunate adjacency on our trip, but there was definitely an instance of fortunate adjacency. Right in the middle of Horse Cave, KY is a cave. You can see the railing against the sidewalk to the right, then it drops right down into the cave, a huge sinkhole. You can't begin to see how far it drops straight down, then splits off in 2 directions. If you're ever going near Bowling Green, go by and see it. No hassle (driving through park, waiting in line, sell-outs,) like trying to see Mammoth Cave.

• auron22
    10 years ago

I unwittingly had this setup early summer, and purple told me about this thread when i posted this pic, so I thought i'd share some irony :)

Plants hanging out around the pool.
    {{gwi:64924}}

• chloeasha
    10 years ago

Not unfortunate adjacency, but when I was driving across the state last time I noticed there was a small medical center in Vilonia or so called the "Himmler Medical Center." Somehow, I am not sure I feel safe going there. :P

10 years ago

Auron, that's awesome!!

Um...

• asleep_in_the_garden
    10 years ago

That's awesome Purp!

Like I could get a loan.buy a gun,hold up a liquor store and pay back the loan!

Opp gets more and more interesting as we go! LOL

• garyfla_gw
    10 years ago

Hi
    Don't have a pic but in a little town in sw Kansas Had two drs. in same office . Dr. Frank and Dr Stein lol
    To my knowledge none of the villagers ever stormed the offices with torches lol gary

6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

I guess this is a secret discussion at this point, available only via search? Or were these discussions merged with HP forum?

* Edited to note that it popped up into HP forum when I posted.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH