Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
For anyone living in Chicago

Posted by deefar zone 5 NY (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 18, 05 at 15:59

Last night my husband and I went to an awake, a really good friend died. While at the service I found out that he died in Chicago but I'm not sure where in Chicago. He was D.O.A at the scene on Nov.12th. He was driving a delivery van and was found inside it. I was wondering if anyone has read anything in the local Chicago newspapers about this? I'm assuming that if this was in the papers it would have been on Nov.12-or 13th. If anyone still has those newspapers could you please let me know by e-mailing me.
Thank you,
Dawn Farley

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: For anyone living in Chicago

As I said elsewhere, I'm really sorry about your loss of a good friend. I had hoped some of our Chicago regulars would be able to help you out, but apparently no one had an old paper. I hope you've been able to find some information and fill in the details of what happened.

o

Jen, I had a couple of people who live in the Chicago area go through their papers and came up with nothing. Must not have made the papers. We have to wait 3 weeks for the test to come back. The medical examiners say that he might have died from the flu. Thank you for your thoughts.

Dawn

o

Oh deefar,

Sorry to hear about your loss. I usually watch the news and nothing rings a bell with the story of your friend. It seems like such a strange death and something that might have gotten a mention.

I hope you can find one. If you can narrow down the date he was found. I can check that day's paper at the library or the next days paper. I have a library a couple of blocks from my house. It wouldn't be too much trouble.

Send me an e-mail and if I can find anything out I will reply with a scan if there's an article.

MBT

o

MBT, He was found on the 13th of Nov. He was last heard from on the 11th of Nov, late evening. If it was in the papers it would have been on the 13th or 14th.

Thank you,

Dawn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here