Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Are you guys in Madison, WI bored?

Posted by mrbrownthumb z5 Chicago (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 13, 06 at 16:34

Or just really love houseplants?

Last night I signed into my Google account and was searching around and reading about the neat features and there's a feature where you can look up a word or phrase and see the search trends for that word. You can see when something got the biggest amount of searches and where they came from. So I checked "houseplant". It looks like less people are searching for houseplants on Google since they started keeping track. But the top ten places where the houseplant search originate are as follows:

1. Madison, WI, USA
2. Denver, CO, USA
3. Portland, OR, USA
4. Seattle, WA, USA
5. Rochester, NY, USA
6. Edmonton, Canada
7. Calgary, Canada
8. Minneapolis, MN, USA
9. Phoenix, AZ, USA
10. Chicago, IL, USA

If you search for houseplants the cities change some but Madison is still number one.

1. Madison, WI, USA
2. St Louis, MO, USA
3. Denver, CO, USA
4. Portland, OR, USA
5. Edmonton, Canada
6. Philadelphia, PA, USA
7. Seattle, WA, USA
8. Calgary, Canada
9. Chicago, IL, USA
10. Austin, TX, USA

I don't know if anyone else will find this interesting but maybe one of you will. I think it's cool. Google also allows you to tailor a search engine to your interests and I think I'm going to make one for houseplants.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Are you guys in Madison, WI bored?

That is interesting.

I wonder why so many people in St. Louis search for things that are plural? lol

o

LOL!

I thought the same thing! But then I remembered that I do the same when searching for pics of plants because sometimes you get different results depending if you search for plural versus singular. That's how I spotted the difference.

o

Hey, that's great! Denver is 2nd and 3rd.

o

Not bored--we just have cabin fever! There is still snow on the ground here, and temps are still in the 30s. I may have to go buy more house plants! By the way, does anyone know where to buy Claycraft planters, as they are the ony ones that will survive winter in Madison?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here