Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dessert Recipes?

Posted by Tisha_ z7 OK (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 7, 05 at 10:08

Hi! I need some suggestions.

I need an easy, simple dessert recipe. I'm making pot roast, mashed potatoes, egg noodles, and corn. I need something down-home and simple to go with that.

Any suggestions?

Oh, preferably something without cherries or peaches.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dessert Recipes?

Pistachio Pudding
Mix well
1 Pkg. instant pistachio pudding mix
1 large container Cool Whip
2 cups minature marshmallows
1 12 oz. can crushed pineapple
Add Walnuts
Mix all and well.

o

A jello poke cake is always a winner at Kelly House.

Bake a yello cake and poke it with a fork as soon as it is done. Make a small package of jello-it can be sugar free. Use whatever color and flavor you like. Pour this over the cake. Refrigerate-it is so refreshing when it's really cold. Top with cool whip. If you use diet jello and cool whip, this can be diet friendly.

Another really simple thing is to buy an angel food cake and frost it with cool whip. You can slice it and use different colored cool whip in the layers. You can put a few drops of peppermint flavoring in the cool whip and make it tasty. Refrigerate this and then when slicing you have to make sure you use the right kind of knife-sharp and serated becaue it is hard to cut

Or...an apple pie buy it or bake it-I have an great pie crust recipe I could share

o

You can buy those little sponge cakes (like individual size) and strawberry glaze, and out of season strawberries, and slice them up and put some whipping c ream/cool whip on top and make some form of strawberry short cake. Takes three seconds to make and it's tasty! Chocolate shavings are a nice addition. :o)

Good luck!

o

Oh Diane,

You have stirred up some great memories for me. My grandmother used to love to make Jell-O cakes. They are so moist and favorable. Thanks for the reminder of a warm memory from the past.

Larry

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here