Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Syriana

Posted by tootswisc z4/5Wi (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 22, 05 at 10:59

I think that is how you spell it. What a powerful movie. I felt like it was alot of work to watch it. It was really well done. I highly recomend it but it is not a Christmas day movie.

I was really into the show time special sleeper cell. I feel overwhelmed with terrorism and US policies right now. All in all, the world is just a mess.

My hope again for this year is world peace

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Syriana

Thanks--I'll try to see it.

I saw Brokeback Mountain last weekend and it is THE best movie I've seen in years. I was blown away and I can't stop thinking about it.

o

Hiya Cat (long time no see),

Really, I keep reading/hearing it's a gay cowboy movie. While I DO have many gay friends (men, not women) somehow, it's just not calling me to see it. Pls. can you try & say what you liked abt it?

I am curious abt Syriana tho' (hear it's pretty intense) & am a GREAT fan of George Clooney.

o

Brokeback Mountain sounds awfully sad. There just can't be such tangled up relationships without a lot of people experencing a lot of hurt. I'm not an ostrich, but I like happy endings...probably why I only go to a couple of movies a year. (The last one I saw was, "Curse of the Were-rabbit" with little DD. Pretty typical.) I do enjoy "spy/thriller" types, but there has to be some sort of redemption at the end, or I won't really enjoy it. I know that's not reality, but I feel like there's plenty of reality out there to see for free.

o

I bet the Sara Jessica Parker movie will be funny. The one about the graduate looks good too-chick flicks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here