1 tsp vanilla extract
4 tsp brandy (optional)

Gently heat 1-1/2 cups of the cream in saucepan or microwave until it simmers
Remove from heat & whisk in chocolate until shiny smooth
Whisk in egg yolks & brandy
Set aside to cool to room temp
When cool, whip 2/3 cup cream, sugar, and vanilla to stiff peaks
Fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture
Spoon into wine glasses, cover with plastic wrap, and chill completely (3 hrs)

At serving time, whip remaining cream with some powdered sugar, vanilla, and brandy (all to taste) and serve in dollops over the chocolate

Dress it up further with a roasted coffee bean, some chocolate shavings, fresh raspberry .... on top of the cream dollop.

Oink!

Al

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Chocolate Mousse Recipe - Lock the Fridge

That was close! I have everything but the cream. Thursday's shopping day... I'll have this in mind! Do you melt and/or temper the choc a bit before adding to that hot cream? Thanks for sharing.

I ordered CM in Paris once and they brought a giant, 4-5 gallon cask of it and set it down on the table with a giant serving spoon, a soup bowl to spoon it into, and a gallon bowl of whipped cream next to it. OMG! Will never forget that!

o

• Posted by tapla z5b-6a mid-MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Dec 9, 12 at 21:15

It's 'monkey easy'. ... hardest part is making sure no one is near when you make it so you don't have to share licking the utensils. Just add the chocolate & whisk smooth.

Al

o

I still haven't made this. Why?

o

• Posted by tapla z5b-6a mid-MI (My Page) on
    Fri, Jan 4, 13 at 20:48

Dunno?

Al

o

Hello Guys!!

I just wanted to say that i made this recipe over the holidays and it was Delicious!!!

Thanks Al for sharing this wonderful "low Cal" recipe for us to try!!

I think i added a few pounds this season and this recipe just helped that problem!! LOL.. THANKS!!

Purple.. I used the Ghirardelli Brand Chocolate Morsels. You can find them next to the Nestles Brand in the store. I REALLY liked this brand.. They tasted better than the other brand. I didn;t have any problems when i added them to the hot mixture.. i just added them slowly while i whisked them in.. It was really easy and quite delicious!!!

I did leave out the Brandy.. i like it without.

Thanks Al for the recipe!! I will be using this again and it will be a wonderful treat for special occasions.

FAT FREE of course!! ;-)

Take care,

Laura

o

Well I for one didn't need an endorsement, just friggin lazy, but man I want it even more now.

"You can find them ..." She said, as if there's anything about any chocolate I don't already know. Hahahaha!!! I'm glad people are finally listening to me now though. I've been saying for 40 years, chocolate is good for you!

o

I've been saying for 40 years, chocolate is good for you!

That's why I drink mochas. :-)

Larry

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here