Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help please!! All of my plants are dying.

Posted by bwjkr (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 22, 07 at 5:28

Please help me.
I bought many houseplants when I moved into my house in April. Since, then almost all have one by one died.
This starts with the leaves becoming extremely soggy and turning yellow, on all of the plants.

Could it because the house is a little damp or because of bugs??
Please help.
And what is the name of this plant?

Image link: Help please!! All of my plants are dying. (2 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help please!! All of my plants are dying.

Sounds like you may be over-watering which is sometimes easy to do. Many plants like to dry out or, at least partially dry out before adding anymore water.
The only thing I can say is, you might want to do some research on the plants your interested in "before" buying them, or ask someone here how they take care of a particulair plant as far as light and water requirements.

The picture is a little small, but it looks like it might be a Schefflera, aka, Umbrella tree.They like some direct sun and to dry out between waterings.

Billy Rae

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here