Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dying kumquat tree

Posted by maximus852 5 OH (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 2, 05 at 0:15

I've had this tree as a houseplant for the past six months, and a week ago it started dropping leaves like crazy. At first I thought it was just a few, but every few days it will drop about 5 leaves at once, and for a tree this size thats alot. I think it may have been stressed from a few things. My ferret dug into this pot several times in one week recently, and once or twice the roots became exposed (I changed things so she can't get to this tree anymore), I may have over fertilized it recently, and the weather is changing here and it was right next to a poorly insulated window. I noticed the pot was really cold, and I've since pulled it back a foot. Here's a picture of a few of the leaves, maybe you can tell what is wrong from that. Thanks.

Image link: Dying kumquat tree (38 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dying kumquat tree

There are so many possibilitys. First in the picture I see a couple of white dots, could these be pests or some kind of reflection in the lense? I also noticed the leaves dropped without the stem...again could be several reasons the first two that come to mind are winter leaf drop and spider mites. I think you should start by checking your tree for pests, including spider mites, you need to be sure the tree has the proper light, decent humidity and make sure the tree is warm enough. If you fear you may have over ferterlized you may want to flush the soil.

Foxy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here