Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mentha_gw

CC (Schlumbergera) pics for GrowHappy

Mentha
18 years ago

So far of all my bloomers my favorite is the RN-37, it looks a lot like a peppermint candy cane, it even has faint stripes going through it!

This first one is Xmas Fantasy, I don't know if it's supposed to be Xmas or Christmas Fantasy. Xmas was on the tag, but I've seen it both ways.

Here is a link that might be useful: Xmas Fantasy

Comments (14)

• Mentha
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Our next contestant is of unknown lineage, but that doesn't keep her from shining like a purebred.

Here is a link that might be useful: pink NOID

• Mentha
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Harmony came all the way from Von's grocery store to be with us tonight, let's give this little lady a round of applause.

Here is a link that might be useful: Harmony

• Mentha
    Original Author
    18 years ago

This little beauty came from Walmart to be with us, ain't she a cutie?

Here is a link that might be useful: NOID pink 2

• Mentha
    Original Author
    18 years ago

ok since none of the links work we'll have to try it this way.

This first one is Xmas Fantasy, I don't know if it's supposed to be Xmas or Christmas Fantasy. Xmas was on the tag, but I've seen it both ways.
    Xmas Fantasy

Our next contestant is of unknown lineage, but that doesn't keep her from shining like a purebred. She turns from a clear pink to a peachy pink with age.
    Contestant #2

Harmony came all the way from Von's grocery store to be with us tonight, let's give this little lady a round of applause.
    Harmony

This little beauty came from Walmart to be with us, ain't she a cutie?
    Contestant 4

RN-37 is a real sweetie, she reminds me of a candy cane, yum.
    RN-37

Naomi is a nice pinky purple with just a tinge of white.
    Naomi

For our tallent portion Nicholas will sing us a song.
    Nicholas

"Nichole, what would you do to improve world peace?"
    "Um, I'd give everyone a Schlum."
    "Wonderful!!"
    Nichole

And our last two contestants, for the time being, come all the way from somewhere to be with us, please welcome the Thor Sisters!
    Thor Alise and Thor Rit

• pirate_girl
    18 years ago

Pretty collection, thx for posting them. Just so you know, the links all worked fine for me.

• GrowHappy
    18 years ago

*****Grow Happy- standing to her feet and giving all the contestants a HUGE round of applause and a few ogles.******** LOL

Mentha, these are all very beautiful. The RN-37 looks similar to my 'Dark Marie'. I have to tell ya, though, just when I thought I was happiest viewing TC blooms, along comes a beautiful white orchid to bite me in the tushie! Now I find myself sitting and just gazing at this orchid for long spells. The white one I recently bought is just so peaceful and pristine. Just looking at her makes me feel all calm and mellow and smiley. :)

Thank you, Mentha, for sharing these gorgeous photos.

• Mentha
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Stay tuned until next time when we have some more contestants. We still haven't met Gold Charm and a few others.

AH, the orchid's siren call! I hope I never get bit by that one! I can't afford it, nor do i think my marriage survive it, hehe. Good luck on your pursuit.

• Mentha
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thank you for staying tuned during station identification. Our next two contestants are sure to dazzle you.

Gold Charm comes to us all the way from Colorado, she's still feeling a bit peeked, but that hasn't kept her from shining. Please welcome Gold Charm!

And this beauty is Christin, she wants to be an epi when she grows up!
    Christin

Stay tuned for our last contestants, the look like they are a little late for the pageant, but should be with us tomorrow at the latest.

• ooojen
    18 years ago

Wow-- looks like they're all winners!
    Gold Charm sure has a good true yellow color. There's something about the temp they're grown in that contributes to that, isn't there? I think they wash out if it's too warm or too cold, but I can't remember which! Obviously you've got it just right!

• GrowHappy
    18 years ago

Mentha- I've seen Gold Charms that were not as deeply colored as yours. It looks great! I can only HOPE that when my Gold Charm decides to grow buds and bloom, that it's a true as yours is. (twiddling thumbs- hehehe)

Mentha- Have you ever seen the Madame Butterfly?

GH

• Mentha
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Ooojen,
    I think the temps fluxuate both ways, the warmer it is the more true the color is, but too much sun will turn the color off also. Most commercial greenhouses grow them at opt conditions that we at home can't duplicate, so our colors are off from the greenhouse grown ones. I have it inside, but if it had set buds outside they would have been a more pinky tinge.
    GH,
    I've heard of Madame Butterfly, and it's on my ultimate wish list, but have never seen it personally. I know Smoley has it listed, but may not have it still. There is also one called 'Enigma' which is a monstrose form. You can only get it from a nursery in the UK or EPRIC, which is in the Netherlands, I think. I wish there was a Schlumbergera society, like there are Epiphyllum societies, that would open up some of the more hard to find ones to us US'ers.

• Mentha
    Original Author
    18 years ago

ooo! ooo! I found her :~)

Here is a link that might be useful: Madame Butterfly Variegata

• Mentha
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Malissa is a late bloomer, she finally decided it was time to shine.
    Malissa

This beauty decided to wear a red dress for our pagent, she had to wait for the seamstress, it seems.
    NOID Red

Stay tuned for our last contestants and a final word from our sponsors. :)

• Cyirra
    11 years ago

I really wish the different varieties of Schlumbergera were more accessible here in the US. It costs a fortune to order them from overseas. I would love to have a Ben, Moonlight Fantasy, Madame Butterfly and so many many more! I wouldn't have space so maybe it's better that they aren't readily accessible to me! :D

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting