Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shayfish_gw

Plant ID!

shayfish
11 years ago

Picked up this little guy at Walmart today for the low low price of $3! It was looking sad and lonely (and dirty... which it is still), but I'm afraid that I have no idea what it is... something figgy perhaps? I ran some more errands later at Home Depot, and there were a bunch of them there, but they were all just marked as tropical plants :-/

Thanks in advance!

Comments (10)

• shayfish
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Actually... while I am at it, here are 2 more... on the left is another little cutie I picked up today because I am a sucker for those teeny 2 inch little ones, and on the right is one that I've had for a few years and is the only one in my collection (other than the new additions) than I don't know what it is. Thanks again!

• tropicbreezent
    11 years ago

The first looks like an Avocado. Bottom on the left looks like a type of Peperomia. The third I don't know.

• Dzitmoidonc
    11 years ago

#3. Rhipsalis campos-portoana?

• plantsaremylife_grow
    11 years ago

Hi
    The first is an Australian black bean plant. Also known as Castonospermum. Keep it moist in my experience. When mine dried out it did not like it. I keep mine in a self-watering pot. Nice foliage and as it matures the foliage gets large.

Second is a Peperomia. Looks like P. caperata but not sure. And the third is definately a Rhipsalis. Nice looking by the way.

Kyle

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    11 years ago

I want to go to your WM!

• shayfish
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Awesome, thanks everyone! Now I just need to get my Rhipsalis to flower like all the cute little ones on Google images :)

• flowerpottipper
    11 years ago

I want a walmart like that also!!!

Mine never has anything interesting like that...and I've wanted one of those bean plants also.

I have both of the plants in the 2nd pic, Im not exactly sure what kind of peperomia that is, I always get different names for it. And the rhipsalis, mine refuses to grow, just sits in suspended animation for the past year... but so far both seem pretty easy to atleast keep alive.

• pirate_girl
    11 years ago

Are you keeping the Rhipsalis well watered? They drink a fair amount & mine usually have actively growth, even a bit, almost all the time.

• shayfish
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Truthfully, I'd have to say no. Maybe it is because I didn't know what it was so I wasn't sure of its requirements... it certainly puts up with being dry though!

Now that I know more about it I will take better care of it and hopefully see some improvement.

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    11 years ago

So, on the top plant, does the bean thing eventually rot/get used up, like the cotyledons on a bean sprout? Those halves look like cotyledons...

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH