Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eweofthesea

Help with a Huge plant!!

eweofthesea
10 years ago

Hi I need some help. I inhered this 14ft beast of a beautiful plant but have no idea what it is. I thought maybe Bird of Paradis (It's nickname had be "birdie". I have no clue what it is but the transport was difficult on it and it is now tipping heavily. I think it might need to be repotted. It had been secured to a overhang by bungees but now is bungeed together because it wil tip and hang. In the transportation and through basically choak holding it with bungees to get it to stay up (& not break) for of it's marvelous "wings" or steams/leaves have been severed. It breaks my heart. It is such an old and lovely plant. I am a total novice and know that strangling it with bungees (to a long stick to brace it) seems very wrong but I don't know what else to do!! I know it was held with an intricate bungee ssyem to a protruding wall prior but not to itself, and it was able to be more free before, I feel. I want to care for it so it thrives. I also don't know how much, sun, water, or what other nutrients and repotting it may need. I do know it has thrived for a very long time and was going to be abandoned. I am most concerned about strangling it. Does anyone know what it may be? And has any one cared for a 14ft + plant before (this one naturally droops and hangs, so the stems will break if left unloose, or so it seems!), that is also very heavy? I don't want to kill this baby.

Comments (2)