Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New blog entry, and a new plant!

Posted by greenlarry UK 8/9 (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 10, 13 at 9:19

Was in town shopping today and dropped in a poundstore where everything costs 1 pound- I dont know if you have similar in the states (dollar store?)

Anyway I have a plant that Ive long wanted for a steal!

Here is a link that might be useful: New plant- Peace Lilly

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New blog entry, and a new plant!

Yep, we have dollar stores. I've bought a pot or two at a dollar store. but I don't think I've ever seen one that sells live plants.

Good luck!

o

There are many versions of the "pound store" here, some don't really follow the "everything's $1" rule though. I've never seen plants at one. Good deal! Nice wrapper, how about a pic of the plant?

o

Peace Lilies are easy, As you can read on this board there are numerous ways to care for them too.

Are they really expensive over there or just more then you've wanted to pay for them? They're not what I would consider an expensive plant with the exceptions of very large forms.

o

Well to be honest everythings a bit expensive when you have kids- especially at christmas, so Im always looking for a bargain!

o

I was really surprised to learn that Peace Lilies (Spaths in the professional trade) are rare in England. Do they not use them in the commercial landscapes - offices, lobbies, restaurants, etc?

o

Hello Greenlarry! Good to see you and congrats on your new plant. I'll bet it's beautiful:-)

I can't see it from here at work, but if you posted it here, I would be able to.

Hope you are well and have a great day.

MIke

o

Ficuswrangler, theyre not rare here, if they were they wouldnt be on sale in a pound store. Its just that there are no no nurseries near me.

Heres a pic I just took:

o
pics

And another

o
try again!

Take two...

o

• Posted by val1 z4 UT (My Page) on
    Thu, Jan 10, 13 at 17:13

Very Nice! It has so many blooms and was such a good price. I just bought one last weekend and paid $10. I probably could have found one cheaper but I had been waiting for the stores to get some fresh ones. The ones I had seen before were not looking so good.

o

Yea its also very root bound so in the spring its getting a bigger pot.
I believe its more than one plant, a pot of seedlings like some palms.

o

That's what I'm talking about! That's quite a plant for that price. It does look like there's a ton of individuals in the pot. Cool and pretty!

o

Hi Larry,

Nice plant for a pound. Just wanted to say hello too. I haven't seen much of you for years now.

Larry

o

hi Larry 2, nice to hear from you!

o

Nice Spath! I bought a little one a couple of years ago at HD. They grow like crazy. I put mine in 5-1-1 and it loves it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here