Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
purpleinopp

The best present ever!

Fortunately my son stole my birthday, so although I still gladly accept presents, I don't have to worry about that pesky aging thing, being 36 forever rocks!

Although he's pretty jealous about that, DH made me this awesome potting bench! Is this the best present ever, or what?

Comments (25)

• rachelthepoet
    11 years ago

WOW! That's fantastic! You are going to get so much use out of it in the next year (and forever!). Fun fun fun!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

• plantomaniac08
    11 years ago

First off, Happy Birthday friend! I can see that bench getting alot of use!

Planto

• Laura Robichaud
    11 years ago

What a great hubby!

• emerald1951
    11 years ago

Happy Birthday....and how very nice that is a great bench........I can see soil and pots and great plants on it already.............linda

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

Hi Purple!!

Happy Birthday!!!

You have a WONDERFUL Hubby... What a great present to give to you.. "Made with love.."

The best kind!!!

Have a really great birthday and remember after you turn 35 years young, we celebrate the whole month of your "birthday"

Have fun with your new bench.. we all want one now!! ;-)

Take care,

Laura

• stephanie_kay
    11 years ago

Happy Birthday! What a wonderful present for your hubby to make for you. A hubby that knows what a wife wants or needs is a awesome present in itself. Enjoy!

• greybird_keke
    11 years ago

What a nice gift! It's beautiful! and Happy Birthday!

Nancy

• flowerpottipper
    11 years ago

Happy Birthday!! That's very sweet of your husband! That bench is so cool, it's even nicer then the expensive ones I've seen for sale. Your so lucky!! Have fun with it!!

-FPT

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks to everybody! We went out for dinner last night, I ate way too much shrimp - and everything else, mmmm! Can't wait to get this bench into use in a few weeks!

Original Author
    11 years ago

Remember this table? DH's boss couldn't think what to do with a little "demo model" thing at his work, so now the table has a home! I've just begun to decorate it...

• rachelthepoet
    11 years ago

How nice! Now you've got a little shade on your workspace! Fun!

• Sarah1502
    11 years ago

Wow! What a very nice place to work. I love the potting bench. That's a very ingenious idea. It's getting time to get back outside isn't. : )

Original Author
    11 years ago

It IS, Sarah, probably pretty warm there too.

Spent the day yesterday watching this get setup, raking the excess leaves off of the veggie patch, shuffling potted plants around & putting some in the ground, trimming shrubs, then steaks on the grill for dinner!

The shadow from that brown cart is hiding some of the stuff I already planted, Cissus vine, heart-leaf Philo vine and some wax Begonias.

• meyermike_1micha
    11 years ago

Well Tiffany, it looks like the one I have yet to send you from my Mom won't beat that
    :-)

Mike

• delreytropical
    11 years ago

Looks great and how nice!

Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Mike & Sissy! You guys are too sweet!

Thanks, Delrey!

Glad this thing's still where we put it after last nights' storm, holy cow! I've got a mess to clean up this morning. This woke me up too, so I could watch everything get blown over.

Original Author
    10 years ago

DH found this old sink and attached it to the potting bench. How friggin cool is this? I could care less that it's cracked. Got a splitter for the spigot, a little hose to go to the sink, will hook up that part this evening. Going to run the drain over to nearby giant elephant ear bulb, which likes tons of water as often as possible. Also need to swap places between bench and baby pool (for mixing "dirt,") so I can step up to it without stepping in the dirt.

Cold water only, and the spigot shouldn't be left on for extended periods as that will make the main hose "live" also, but this is not something I ever thought I'd have. I go in/out washing my hands a lot. I don't mind getting them dirty, but can't just hang around with them that way, don't want to touch my phone, camera, or beverage with dirty hands, and never know when one of the dead leaves I've touched is a PI leaf. Will be so great for rinsing roots too.

About the above pic, besides a missing plant I've never seen again, nothing was really damaged, just on its' side...

• teengardener1888
    10 years ago

Happy EXTREMELY belated birthday. LOL :-)

Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, TG! Makes perfect sense to say, "Same to you!" for whenever your last one was. Ha!

• PRO
    The Ficus Wrangler
    10 years ago

Indeed. Happy very belated b'day. I've about reached the point where, following my dad's lead, we don't even use the "b" word. A dinner on that day, a gift on that day - that's ok. Just never use the "b" word. What a nice potting set up you're making.

Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, FW! Never imagined anything like this in my wildest dreams. Been spending a lot of time there, actually doing things, but a lot of pretending to look busy & puttering about, making the whole corner look better. Used to be my "ghetto" spot for projects, and storing stuff, but it's too daggone cute to leave a bunch of fugly crap sitting around. Will take a pic of the whole corner when we (he) get(s) everything moved around.

I wasn't even thinking how this was originally a b-word thread, just trying to add what's going on with the bench without starting a new discussion. Nobody else needs to comment on that, especially with the next one rushing towards us at such lightning speed!

• asleep_in_the_garden
    10 years ago

Yeah tell me about it....just had another one myself. :(

• 123Greta
    10 years ago

What a great set-up, and so convenient! Lucky you. Enjoy! (:

• faerybutterflye
    10 years ago

Purple, happy very belated birthday! My grandmother was 39 forever, until my mom caught up with her, LOL. What an awesome hubby you have! I love it! I bet you're getting a lot of use out of it. :)

Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, Faery! Yes, I do something out there at least once a day. And yes, he is AWESOME! Got it swapped places with the baby pool yesterday but the hose I got doesn't fit the pipe on the back of the sink. Will get that straightened out in the next day or two...