Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Leggy or not??

Posted by saturn1956 6 (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 25, 14 at 10:33

The name escapes me for this house plant of ours, but I am not sure if it gets to a certain height then starts getting leggy or
the plant is drooping for other reasons. It is near a glass door gets filtered sun baseboard is behind it so it does get some rising heat. Actually had to stake one side because it looked like it was falling over.

Frank

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Leggy or not??

The name is escaping me also LOL but I do know they do better as a hanging plant, others will pipe in with alot more info than what I just gave you...
Christine

o

Syngonium? Isn't it a sort of their nature to vine as they get older & bigger?

o

PG is correct. That's a Syngonium, also known as "Arrowhead Vine." It is indeed in their nature to vine. I'm pretty confident that it's wanting to "fall over" because it wants to vine. The older they get, the more they vine.

Planto

This post was edited by plantomaniac08 on Sat, Jan 25, 14 at 12:17

o

To vine, yes, but that plant is drooping not vining.

o

Any reason why it could be drooping instead of veining?? It gets filtered sun maybe the heat from the baseboard below??

o

It looks pretty normal to me, not bad at all. That bowl under the pot is concerning, but as long as water isn't allowed to pool in the bowl, it can't hurt anything. I would use something like that make sure it didn't damage my pretty quilt too.

o

Have to agree with purple. It looks like an older specimen, do you know how old it is?

o

Got it July 2012 I would think they have a long lifespan. May transplant in the spring

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here