Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
olreader

is this plant happy?

olreader
10 years ago

I think it looks very healthy but is there anything I should do to it? Any way to make it more upright?

Comments (6)

• teengardener1888
    10 years ago

That scleffera actinophylla can be air layered to make a new unfloppy plant

• christine1950
    10 years ago

read here for some wonderful advice, I believe yours is in need of some pruning
    Christine

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/houseplt/msg0612090314675.html?22.

• olreader
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks! It's all lot to read and understand but no rush I guess. I need to do something it's getting too big and hard to find a place for/walk around.

• floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK
    10 years ago

A simple solution, while you do the reading, would be to stick a bamboo in the centre of the pot and loosely tie the three stems to it. Also move it nearer the window as it looks as if it could do with better light.

Schefflera arboricola (which I think this is rather than S actinophylla) behaves like a semi vine in the tropical areas where it grows outdoors and will always grow long stems if it isn't pruned.

• teengardener1888
    10 years ago

I thought that S. aboricola was a rather small plant and actinophylla was very big

• floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK
    10 years ago

In plants grown indoors the ultimate outdoor size is not particularly relevant since both will be much smaller than their natural height. The leaves of S arctinophylla are much bigger than S arboricola, however. Up to 12 inches compared with 4 inches for S arboricola.

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH