Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
megank413

Confusion with my Dracaena

megank413
13 years ago

Hello!

I've had my Dracaena (I think it's a cordyline) for almost a year now. Back in July, the bottom leaves started to turn brown, starting seperately at the stem and tip, then a line between the two of them, and eventaully taking over the whole leaf. The leaves would also start to curl while they turned brown. I thought it was root rot, so I pulled out the plant, cleaned off the roots, (brown on the outside and white on the inside, mushy in a few places) and put it in a slightly smaller pot, as the first was way too big. It still continued to turn brown, so I thought the plant was a goner and stuck it in a corner, watering it about once every 2 weeks. Well, it survived and now one of the four stalks is growing new, completely green growth. I'm just worried that if I now touch it, it will start dying again. Currently, it's getting low light and I'm watering it about every 1.5-2 weeks. Should I take off all the brown leaves (make up about 75% of the plant)? Should I try to propogate the green part?

Thanks in advance!

Comments (2)