Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
teengardener1888

Febuary Flowers

teengardener1888
9 years ago

This is my month!! I finally have a decent amount of plants in bloom.......Air Plant

Comments (50)

• teengardener1888
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The next 3 are AVs

• teengardener1888
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I love this one....

• teengardener1888
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Is this a bicolor?

• teengardener1888
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Echeveria of some kind id help please...I am proud 2 say that all the AVs where brought in lowes death row and made 2 reflower:)

• teengardener1888
    Original Author
    9 years ago

One more........is it real?
    Any way.... It is your turn, lets see what u have, lets top January.......

• jujujojo_gw
    9 years ago

We are still a few days away from February

• MrBlubs
    9 years ago

How do you change the font size and colour? Didn't know you could...
    Anyway.... My COT now has a ton of buds budding? But I'll wait to post it until their all open.... But That's it so far..... So far. Dun Dun Dunnnn
    I'm going to go for real? Nice Tillandsia by the way!

• teengardener1888
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Post bumping 2 keep it alive.... posted tad early but would love 2 see all ya flowers...

• christine1950
    9 years ago

I love all your flowers teen, the one av is a beauty, I love the bi-color ones. I have one av that has flowers all the time, everything else is just hanging in there.
    Christine

• elkay_gw
    9 years ago

Out of all my plants...........only one little flower. Well, most of mine don't flower anyway.

{{gwi:2118121}}

Oh, love the tillandsia!

• teengardener1888
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you the tisslandia in bloom is popular?

• pumpkineater2
    9 years ago

It's fake.

• MrBlubs
    9 years ago

Duh Duh Duh duuhhhh ! Spider plant!
    Dont expect anything exciting from me...... The most 'different' flowers I have (not now) are Just a haworthia and The basic lipstick...... Exciting I know...Well unless my Majesty palm blooms on some miracle of a miracle.

• marguerite_gw Zone 9a
    9 years ago

What do you mean, the tillandsia is fake? It looks real to me. And very pretty, teen.

• MrBlubs
    9 years ago

I think their talking about the orchid

• teengardener1888
    Original Author
    9 years ago

the tisslandia is real.....

• kaktuskris
    9 years ago

Haworthia...

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    9 years ago

I was thinking I didn't have much going on, but then I walked around and looked. I have a Christmas cactus, a miniature african violet that has been blooming like crazy since before Christmas when I got it, a peace lily and the same little yellow flowers on a cactus that I don't know the name of.

Here goes:

{{gwi:2143042}}

{{gwi:2143043}}

{{gwi:2143044}}

{{gwi:2143045}}

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    9 years ago

TG, your Tillandsia bloom is completely awesome!! TY so much for sharing it. I have one that made a bud, but the flower never finished coming out. Billbergia plants did the same thing. 3 buds showed up, but then turned brown before opening. So frustrating!

My same-old plants are blooming again/still...

Aloe bellatula.

9 years ago

Parlor palm (Chamaedorea elegans.)

9 years ago

It was sooo cloudy here in late Nov. & most of Dec. that wax Begonias kind of petered out. Since the sun's been out more the past few wks, buds are showing up again.

9 years ago

My mama plants are about finished, but some cuttings of Kalanchoe blossfeldiana are now forming blooms. This pot is by a window where a deciduous tree took forever to shed its' leaves, finally letting some decent sun get to the window.

• elkay_gw
    9 years ago

Purple - do you leave those seeds on your parlor palm or cut them off? Do they dry up and fall off or what? I always cut them out as soon as I see them.

• MrBlubs
    9 years ago

I've always wondered too..... But i don't have one.. Though my neighbour has one that's 6 feet tall in a very dark corner of their house and it has tons of seed pods.....I dont know how it's been alive for this long as I doubt they even know it's a parlor Palm...... I'm jealous.

• paul_
    9 years ago

Those aren't seeds, Elkay. They're the flowers.

9 years ago

Although I've been observing my palm clump for about 20 yrs, I still can't tell the difference between the males and females. Chamaedorea elegans plants are dioecious, separate male and female plants. If one has both, pollination can occur. If that happens, the stalk turns orange, and the seeds turn dark, almost black. Here are seeds ripening.

This post was edited by purpleinopp on Mon, Feb 9, 15 at 8:47

• christine 5b
    9 years ago

Incredible flowers everyone, isnt it nice when our plants reward us with flowers. This is my amaryllis that bloomed just last night. Happy Valentines Day, Christine

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    9 years ago

I have a few Plumeria blooming inside my house.. They don't have the usual coloration because of the timing of the lack of heat, sunlight and humidity.. But I'm still happy they are blooming. The yellow one is supposed to be a dark pink and is called Thai Super Round. The pink on is Siam Red.

Laura

• jpciii
    9 years ago

• jpciii
    9 years ago

• MrBlubs
    9 years ago

Well this is weird. It won't allow me to edit it without making my words all jumbled.. And it also flipped my photo. I guess it's not mobile friendly yet

• Paul MI
    9 years ago

" I still can't tell the difference between the
    males and females." ~Tiffany

The link below may help
    answer your Q, Tiff. You will need to
    scroll down a bit. (If worse comes to
    worse, dissect a flower and see what lies within.) Hopefully this attempt at a link works. First time trying the function on Houzz.

• Paul MI
    9 years ago

Well looks like it didn't work as I can see no sign of the link, though I followed the directions such as they were. Try pasting the address into your bar ...

http://www.palmpedia.net/wiki/Chamaedorea_elegans

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I've got blooms on my Christmas Cactus, all my Citrus, my Wandering Jew, and my Crown of Thorns....but the real show is happening outdoors as the Daphne gives off its sweet scent and the Daffodils awake.

Josh

• Rhamel Bynum
    9 years ago

Hollow everyone..It seems everyone is coming back and posting pretty flowers....

• LilBit7765
    9 years ago

Got a couple repeat bloomers. My water melon peperomia, and my fittonia has one late bloom that showed up.

9 years ago

Ludisia (jewel orchid.)

• Rhamel Bynum
    9 years ago

I didn't know u had an orchid, how cute!!!

• Paul MI
    9 years ago

Hope that link pertaining to palm flowers was useful, Tiff.

Almost always has a few flowers

Still in flower. Only one at this time. This hybrid isn't known for being floriferous. Does have a new developing bud in the works. imagine it will be about ready by the time this one is ready to drop. Holds its yellow quite well (which many phals don't).

One of my favorite catts -- and about the tallest of the ones I grow. (Considered to be a "compact" with the height being about 12" tall ... and there are catts that get a LOT bigger ... I tend to stick to plants that are far smaller in stature. This one is an exception.)

9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Paul, those r awesome! Very pretty!

Thanks for mentioning the palm link again!! By the time I clicked on it, looked at my trees s'more, read more stuff, yada yada, I'd completely forgotten how it all started, and to say TY. I started a discussion about that here.

• bkempress
    9 years ago

Its not much but finally after 6 months my zombie of an african gardenia showed signs of life ...smells more like my jasmine moo and not as strong but the flowers stay white and they're still holding on strong...

• nomen_nudum
    9 years ago

• larry_b
    9 years ago

My Amaryllis 'Red Lion' just bloomed.

9 years ago

Tradescantia cerinthoides.

• Tuija
    9 years ago

My Azalea is blooming

9 years ago

Callisia fragrans.

• LilBit7765
    9 years ago

Well this is cheating because I Recently got this. But it does mean Spring is on the way, and I know that ALL of us in the northern states are REALLY looking forward to it! So I thought it'd cheer some of us up knowing that it's RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER!! Lol (well atleast lets hope lol)