Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Steve: Exoticrainforest.

Posted by hopefulauthor z5IL (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 15, 11 at 16:31

Since hearing the news that Steve, ExoticRainforest, passed away, the shock left me, and many others, saddened.

Although, I've only known Steve a short time, I feel I've lost a good friend.

He was very helpful, went out of his way to assist those who needed help.

Steve was a man who loved plants, studied, researched, and met with people who, 'when he needed an answer,' would readily reply.

It was Steve who identified my 17-yr-old, unknown plant, taking his valued time sending information and pictures to friends/botonists around the world. Steve identified my plant as, Pandanus.
Because this unknown plant came from Poland, we called it, The Polish Plant. Due to Steves hard work, we now know its genus. In the future my Pandanus will be referred to as, P. 'Steven.'

Suggestion: it'd be nice for those who believe to take a moment, pray for Steve's widow, children and grandchildren.

To Steve, a giant of a man whom we miss and love, Toni

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Steve: Exoticrainforest.

I am saddened to hear about Steve's passing. He was just posting a few days ago. He was a kind, gentle man and will be missed.

Jane

o

Awww, that is so sad!
I had the pleasure of talking to him a couple yrs back via emails. We talked about our plants, mainly his extended and gorgeous collection. Out of the blue. he offered me some generous cuttings from a Monsterio Delicio that was growing out of control in his fantastic greenhouse which I will forever cherish.

Thank you Steve (Exoticrainforest) You and your knowledge will be missed!

Billy Rae

o

• Posted by izhar Karachi Pakistan (My Page) on
    Sun, Jan 16, 11 at 4:30

Its saddening. He was such a gentleman, explained the details of aroid pollination to me..

Izhar

o

Very sad news. Bye Steve, thanks for all the informative posts you've left & for helping me ID my Blushing Phil. I'm sure your loss will be widely felt. I extend condolences to family & friends...

Erynn

o

Toni: This man was extremely influential in the way I look at certain plants.

He will be so missed and so will his up todate information!
I will be re-reading a lot of what he wrote in the past for sure. This place will not be the same without him.:-(

I will post a picture of a plant he helped me out with that just would not do anything for me for the longest time until I learned of it's habitat thanks to Steve.

My condolences to his family&friends...

Mike

o

It's a great loss for everyone, especially his family.
He was so giving, so forward, and always answered promptly and with great enthusiasm.
I am still shocked. But I am also blessed that he shared his last days with us.

Josh

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here