Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which Is The Real Sansevieria 'Twist'?

Posted by aveo5 10 (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 25, 12 at 16:40

Hi.
I am trying to get the REAL Sansevieria 'Twist'. I am looking at it in a new Logges catalog I just got. It is growing in a spiral and the leaves are also slightly twisted. It looks like a compact 'birdsnest' type of Sans. it is very pretty.
I think that is what the short ones are called. Then I looked online for pictures of 'Twist', and I find 'Twist' and 'Twisted Sister' listed as the same plant, and it shows pictures of a tall plant, that is variegated, but only the leaves are a bit twisted, and it doesnt grow in a spiral, or a 'nest', and it is like 3-4 feet tall.
Is this 'Twisted Sister' and 'Twist' the same plant...and Logees is tricking me with a touched up picture or something like that? I called them, and they are already sold out of it, and they insist it is the right picture. Yet i looked for it from other growers of Sans. plants, and they list 'Twisted Sister' as the only plant that has twisted leaves, and it is a tall variety.

Are there 2 different varieties? Or are these 2 plants the same plant? And it ISN'T compact or a spiral grower,...and it really IS a tall variety with just twisted leaves? Anyone know?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which Is The Real Sansevieria 'Twist'?

Yes they are two different plants. One is a Hahnii (bird's nest) type and the other your talking about is a tall growing one that the stems spiral slightly. Twisted sister is where the leaves are growing in a cresent shape. I am haveing a hard time explaing it in words. Check out Arid Lands Greenhouses. They have pictures of them. Just Google the name. Hope it helps.

o

I've got a Sans. suffruticosa 'twisted form' here

Photobucket

o

i'll go look it up and see the two types at Arid lands. I thought they were WAY to different to be the same plant.

o

Sorry Aveo5, Wrong sans site. I looked up and realized I gave you wrong direction. Check below. Should be helpful.
http://www.glasshouseworks.com/succ-s.html#sansevieria1

o

Yea...no 'Twist' at Arid lands....I am going to wait till Logges gets it back in stock and pay their high price. At least i will KNOW it is the compact spiral one i want,...I bought some rhizomes of the Twisted Sister on EBay, for a next to nothing in price,...so if it is ugly, no great loss, if its nice and odd...a great buy! I will just grow it and see how 'Twisted' it gets:).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here