Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aveo5

Which Is The Real Sansevieria 'Twist'?

aveo5
12 years ago

Hi.

I am trying to get the REAL Sansevieria 'Twist'. I am looking at it in a new Logges catalog I just got. It is growing in a spiral and the leaves are also slightly twisted. It looks like a compact 'birdsnest' type of Sans. it is very pretty.

I think that is what the short ones are called. Then I looked online for pictures of 'Twist', and I find 'Twist' and 'Twisted Sister' listed as the same plant, and it shows pictures of a tall plant, that is variegated, but only the leaves are a bit twisted, and it doesnt grow in a spiral, or a 'nest', and it is like 3-4 feet tall.

Is this 'Twisted Sister' and 'Twist' the same plant...and Logees is tricking me with a touched up picture or something like that? I called them, and they are already sold out of it, and they insist it is the right picture. Yet i looked for it from other growers of Sans. plants, and they list 'Twisted Sister' as the only plant that has twisted leaves, and it is a tall variety.

Are there 2 different varieties? Or are these 2 plants the same plant? And it ISN'T compact or a spiral grower,...and it really IS a tall variety with just twisted leaves? Anyone know?

Comments (5)