Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Money tree (pachira) to be rescued after rough life

Posted by ramafon none (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 18, 14 at 18:53

Hi everyone!

I bought this lovely plant a year ago & the poor thing has gone through a house move and several deadly attacks by the cat.

I repotted it & made sure it had sufficient water without getting too wet but the last leaves didn't survive the cat.

Now the cat is older & doesn't pay attention to her anymore but the plant doesn't seem to make any improvements.

What is the best position in the house, best food & best too do given her "past life" and current condition?

I would love to rescue her, please!!

Thanks a lot!!

Raquel

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Money tree (pachira) to be rescued after rough life

i had this same plant same size as yours i cut it back all the way like yours is two times and new leaves started to bud out few weeks after

once the top 1 inch of soil gets dry to touch water it thoroughly place it in a bright light area new leaves should start to bud out in a few weeks

one stem looks black you should cut that one off

This post was edited by Hrose on Sat, Jan 18, 14 at 19:06

o

Move this plant next to the brightest window you have, and hope it responds with some new growth. The potting mix looks very heavy, peaty, which will stay too wet this time of year. I'd recommend putting a wooden skewer or dowel all the way into the mix, and use that to tell when the lower layers of mix are drying. Make sure the pot isn't sitting in any water.

Josh

o

It is never a good idea for a plant to be tied tightly like that. That, alone, can be deadly.

o

It is never a good idea for a plant to be tied tightly like that. That, alone, can be deadly.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here