Posted by dellis326 5 (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 25, 12 at 19:22

There's a new USDA map, Chicago has officially be promoted to zone 6a

http://planthardiness.ars.usda.gov/PHZMWeb/#

Here is a link that might be useful: New USDA map

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New USDA map

I looked at it - sometimes they'll bleed over into Western Canada. Whichever way you look at it, it's still Z4/conditionalZ5 - not good for winter Aloes.

o

It looks like they raised me from a 6 to a 6b. Still not high enough. I really need to move to a warmer climate.

Thank you for the link.

o

Well, I wonder how much that cost us taxpayers. You know it is very undependable. This changes year to year. I think it is to push their global warming stuff. Is the earth warming. Yes. Now is it because of us or nature? Look at history. The earth goes thru cycles of warming and thaws. Can we change it. No. The whole world has to go together to do that. Can it ever happen. No. Again look at history. Too many nuts in charge taking control and killing their own people. Wait till Iran gets their bomb stuff going. Then talk about global warming.

o

We were raised, too..from 5A to 5B..I like this new zonal map better, lol. Toni

o

Stush,

If I might suggest the proper place for your view of the global warning issue, this isn't it - it's the Hot Topics forum.

o

"Weather is to the Climate" as a "wave is to the ocean". It reflects average minimum temps and has nothing to do with long term climate. It was first put out in 1960, long before anyone was talking about climate change. USDA maps are intended primarily for farmers to properly grow the food that you and the rest of us eat. It is a statistical data collection of weather reporting stations from around the country. The Arbor Day foundation changed their map a few years ago.

I agree, Your unscientific political opinion is off topic here.

o

Wow, I didn't know Orlando was 9b...Cool! My plants are staying outside...no worries. The only one I was really worried about during the cooler evenings was the bromeliad.

I agree, global warming is definitely off topic here.

o

Yes You are all right. Sorry. My bad.

o

dellis326, ...and I raised the question in the Botany forum!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here