Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Love plant????

Posted by nikkilynn (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 10, 07 at 20:14

Had anyone ever heard of a love plant and have a picture.
We are lookong for a plant that my friend had years ago.
it grows only if there is lots of love in the house and if something tragic happens like divorce and can die. Any help would be great

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Love plant????

It would certainly help if you could describe the plant, the shape of the leaves, texture, edges, etc. and whether it grew upright, or as a vine, or whether it got woody stems, flowers, color, etc.

o

Hi Nikki,

Check the thread you put in the C+S forum. I don't know what plant you're talking about, but if you're looking for a cute valentine's day plant, Hoya Kerrii is great. Each leaf is shaped like a heart. The leaves are succulent. I posted some links on the C+S forum...check em out :)
Gabi

o

Seems I've heard Bryophyllum pinnatum/Kalanchoe pinnata called 'Love Plant'.

o

Thank you to all of you that tried to help me, it was much appreciated. nanw 4wi you were right on the Kalanchoe pinnata, this is the one. My friend came over and I let her see the pics and that is the one she was referring to. Thank you again to all of you.

Nikki

o

hello nikki. I was given a leaf said to be from the bahamas or caribean and was told it was called a love plant.from that leaf i have a 3' beautiful plant whitch has large leaves that resemble a jade leaf fat with riged edge. it looses leaves often witch are very fertil. the leaves grow babys in days. my plant doesnot flower and loves the summertime. When i learn how to up load pics i'll show you. I have googled and searched and can't find anything that even resembles it.

joseph
ps any help loading pictures is greatly app.

o

hello again well after some searching i have to say nan has it right Bryophyllum pinnatum/Kalanchoe pinnata. looks like it but most pics show flowers my has never flowered and i know of have a dozen other offspring that has never flowered.
Joseph

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here