Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Houseplants to Trade and Questions

Posted by plantmedic New York (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 29, 11 at 22:31

Hi- I am new to GW. I have a Green Thumb when it comes to Spider Plants, Pothos(Varigated) and Philodendron, Snake Plant (Mother-In Law Tongue), Christmas Cactus. I would like to trade for some other plants if someone wants to trade clippings... I have about 100 plants in my house (from 35+ years of propagating plants)..Have also started new Weepping Fig from cuttings from Tree..Looking for some variety and to get some new plants to expand like: Jade, Wandering Jew, Aloe Vera, Elephant Ears, Pepperomia, succulents in general would be fun to have. I have adopted many plants and trees over the years that people were discarding because they were dying and I revived..

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how to get started?
I recently shipped Pothos and Snake to friend in Michigan from New York, went fine.

How do you post pictures, I have another tree I keep make into plants, but dont know what it is...Maybe someone will recognize it??? Anyone know how to get clippings from a Skrew Pine, looks like has babies, not sure how to propagate that one, just got a few months ago, doing beautiful. How many clippings do people normally send when trading?

Lots of questions, thanks for any help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Houseplants to Trade and Questions

Hi Plant Medic, welcome, I'm in NY, too, NYC.

It's a bit early to talk swap given the season & the weather, but there is an area called the Exchange Page (see the top page where you entered here), wherre folks post what they're looking for & what they've got to offer.

I'll leave discussing the posting of pix for someone else.

o

Create an account on a free picture hosting site like photobucket.com
Upload your pic there, then just simply copy the html code into your post here so the pic will display in your post...thats easier than following a link etc for most people.

o

I agree the weather is to bad now to send trades especially houseplants and all my hardy plants are buried under 2 feet of snow. LOL

As far as how many clippings to send. I always ask my trader what they want. One, two three clipping. Do they want me to root before sending. What do they want to send and how many clippings and if they are rooted.

I always try to send what I would want to receive, When you are as generous with your trader as you would like to be treated you will never go wrong.

o

Hi plantmedic, if you live in NYC area I could share some Jade clippings w/you.We could meet. Otherwise, its too cold to ship right now,especially now shipping is too slow. Let me know. My email ifarber7@hotmail.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here