Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mrblubs22

Repot? Uppot? Trim roots?

MrBlubs
9 years ago

Hello,
So I have this Spider plant which gets to be pretty huge... Like I'm talking 3 foot leaves here. Well maybe not that big but still pretty big. But it dosnt quite look nearly as good as it should.... Sorta my fault..... Didn't realize hail was on the forecast that one day in September. Any way it completly trashed all its leaves so it got reduced to only a couple leaves per plant. It has since grown quite a bit and has produced quite alot of babies but l the actual plant itself
isn't quite up to what it should be yet... I know the leaves are thin which whoops again my fault for not moving it onto my bed to be by the window but I've started moving it again everyday.... Anyway for spring should I repot this? I know it's a bit early but this spring is a big uppot repot for practically all my plants and I want to sorta have a grasp on what's going where and all that fun stuff ahead of time.
Now I tried reporting this last year but the roots were so pot bound I didn't know what to do with it so I kinda just added some new dirt at the bottom and at the top and put it back in..... Which I know was pointless. Anyway this time I want to put it in some fresh soil all around and really focus on leaf growth, so could I trim some of the roots off? Or will that affect it negatively in some way? Or would up Potting be a better solution?
This plant is one of my favourites just because how big he gets so don't want to do anything bad to it..... Again.
What are your thoughts?
Thanks
Also sorry for any spelling errors.... Trying to type this on my phone with a faculty auto correct.... Makes it a struggle

Comments (6)